Chapter 43

Strolling through the shelf, Anna checks every box of hair dye. Choosing platinum white, Anna threw the boxes in her trolley and then walked to the instant noodles section.

" I should have learned to cook," Anna muttered to herself as she takes a penalty of noodles packets and one with the reusable free bowl.

"Today's generation of werewolves don't have proper survival skills," Anna stiffen at the comment she heard behind her.

Slowly she turns to see a middle-aged woman smiling kindly at her. The smile calms Anna down as she questions the woman.

" How do you know I'm a werewolf?"

" Dear, my generation can smell werewolf genes right away but nowadays only Alpha can tell. That shows how weak we have gotten... Take my advice and buy vegetables and fruits it will last longer than this packet stuff," The woman answered and walked away casually.

"  What's your name?" Anna asked.

The woman smirked and turned to face Anna with a fake smile saying,
" Karen,"

Anna looked around carefully and whispering asked,
" Pack name,"

Karen chuckled as she heard the question and lied effectively,
" I am Sigma. I would rather than die living in a pack full of monsters,"

" Why do you think like that?" Anna asked being offended.

" Werewolves from packs aren't nice. They are territorial making them unreliable, untrustworthy and unpredictable, " Karen explained and looks at Anna in pity gaze.

" Don't go near Howler Pack. They are known for being merciless, vigorous and primal. They could kill you regardless you are innocent or not," Karen illustrated a scary image of Howler Pack to Anna to trap her which worked.

" How can you say with certainty they are like...that?" Anna asked curious to know her pack's reputation from outside the pack.

" They kill a lot of werewolves a year. Do you know the amount?" Karen's question reminds Anna of the yearly announcement done by Alpha Chris. Where the number of dangerous werewolves being killed to protect the pack is revealed.

" I don't... Where do you live?" Anna changed the topic feeling uncomfortable to know Karen's opinion on her pack.

" I live in a cottage outside the human town and a bit away from Howler Pack. Because of that, I know their cruelty," Karen answered and continue to speak,
" At times, my mate and I help poor werewolves to hide from that pack. To protect them,"

Anna's interest spiked up as she heard Karen saying the last line making her question.

" How do you protect them from Holwer Pack?"

" It's a secret only werewolves who hide, my mate and I know," Karen turn to walk away from when Anna desperately pleaded to her.

" Hide me also, please,"

" Oh, dear, why do you want to hide and from whom?" Karen asked acting concerned.

" My family betrayed me and I want to hide from them... I will only stay two days and I will go," Anna answered.

" Is that why you brought hair dye and heavily smelled perfumes?" Karen eyes Anna's trolley to which Anna nodded her head.

" Please, I will do the chores and won't make any trouble for you or your mate, Karen," Anna begged.

" Okay, Dear. My mate is outside waiting for me. We can leave after shopping," Karen muttered making Anna hug her in gratitude.

After buying some things, Anna and Karen walked out of the store where Karen's mate, Jake was waiting for them expecting.

" Sweetie, she is Anna and she needs our help," Karen introduce them.

" Hello, my name is Jake. How old are you?" He questions as he shakes hands.

" I'm seventeen but I'm gonna turn eighteen this year," Anna answer honestly.

" So you have to hide from the human police as well because you are a minor in their law," Jake pointed to himself as an act making Anna feel uncomfortable.

" We will protect you from them as well. After all, we wolves got each others' backs," Karen said giving a noticeable warning eye to her mate.

"Absolutely, Let's go before anyone sees us,"  Jake urges quickly eyeing the shopkeeper through the glass doors.

As the car engine started, Anna feel a bit of relief having found a way. Hoping her family will not have time to notice her absence which will give her a head start.

Unknown to her the current situation of Howler Pack. Where the Alpha Noah has already dispatched highly trained warriors to look for her which is supervised by Gamma Khai.

" I'm going to the last bus stop which is in human territory. She has to be there," Gamma Khai talks with Beta Liam over the phone call.

" If she is there and stubborn about not coming back. Tell her the truth about what's going on in the pack. She will come, " Beta Liam mumbled back feeling still betrayed by Alpha Noah and Gamma Khai.

" I will convince her in my way. She is my friend," Gamma Khai snorted and then cut the call as he reach the bus stop.

" There is a grocery shop nearby. Most probably she went there to buy something to eat, Gamma," A warrior suggested making Gamma Khai agree.

" Let's go there and check," Gamma Khai ordered.

As they reach the shop, the shopkeeper was intimated by the warriors' body build and Gamma Khai's dangerous posture that even humans can notice he is in charge.

" Have you seen her?" Gamma Khai showed the picture of Anna to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper was able to reach Anna as she left the shop not long after their arrival.

" Yeah, she was with a couple who might be in their forties," the Shopkeeper answer not showing his fear but failing.

" I want to see the camera footage of hers," Gamma Khai demanded making no room for argument.

After seeing the footage, Gamma Khai quickly calls Alpha Noah.

" Gamma, did you find her?" Alpha Noah asked.

" According to the shop footage, she took the help of a couple. Maybe they offered her a place to stay but I didn't trust them based on their faces," Gamma Khai answered.

" What shop? And were those couples humans or werewolves?" Alpha Noah questioned.

" There is a shop nearby the last bus shop and I don't know about them being humans or not," Gamma Khai answered.

" Scan their face on the werewolves ' base and then on any other beings' scanner. And Khai, do you remember the witch we visited during the Coronation night?"

" Yeah," Gamma Khai muttered.

" She did say she is great at tracking people's location so meet her to track Anna," Alpha Noah ordered.

" On it, Alpha. Bye," Gamma Khai turn his attention to the warriors and instructed them.

" Scan those couple's faces on every data of superbeing. Tell me the result, am I clear?"

" Yes, Gamma," the warriors chanted.

" Now let's go to meet a witch," Gamma Khai announced earning a few stranger looks from the warriors.