Chapter 31

" Ace," Beta Sebastian shouted seeing his unconscious friend on a chair. He ran towards him but was knocked by an invisible wall.
" What the?" Beta Sebastian puffed noticing mountain ash surrounding Alpha Ace. It was then Beta Sebastian realise Alpha Ace is performing a ritual so he waited for an hour.
" Ace," Beta Sebastian called out once Alpha Ace open his eyes. He was a bit disoriented after getting conscious and seeing his friend worry. He took the glass of water and pour the water on the floor to break the barrier.
" What kind of ritual were you performing?" Beta Sebastian asked noticing Alpha Ace's tiredness.
" It's a blood bond ritual where I guide Oliver to find the truth about Aunt Bella and Uncle Salmon," Alpha Ace answered in low voice.
" Do you think he will join us?" Beta Sebastian asked.
" No, the Howler pack is his family now and he will protect them which I respect. Finding the truth about his parents will help him to know that the royals were involved along with the former council that killed our pack and his parents," Alpha Ace paused as he drinks water and continue to speak,
" After all, he is destined to kill the traitors of the court... He disowned the ex-Gamma couple,"
" That's great," Beta Sebastian commented.
" You should sleep now," Beta Sebastian advised but Alpha Ace shook his head.
" I won't sleep now. Why did you come here?" Alpha Ace asked
" Well, I convinced Anna to prove her mate bond with Aston in front of the pack members. But I think she is hiding something and isn't really into him. And just before I came here, Ava called. She told about Uncle Nick's curse on her, " Beta Sebastian answered making Alpha Ace surprised.
" They know... Did you contact those warlords and witches to break Dad's curse?"
Beta Sebastian shook his head and muttered bitterly.
" None of them can break it because Uncle Nick's curse is fueled by betrayal, anger, pain and revenge... One of them did tell me that Uncle Nick had used a medium that made the spell unbreakable,"
" I know about the medium. It's his heart," Alpha Ace revealed making Beta Sebastian growl at the realisation and tugged his hair back.
" If I can't have Ava in the end then I will make the most of it now to her," Beta Sebastian claimed.
" You have to take Ben and Katie's heart and recite a breaking curse spell then eat it. At last, Ava has to drink their blood then the curse will break," Ace disclosed and flip the page from an old book nearby. Then handed it to Sebastian who read the page.
" If you knew about this, then why you gave me the contacts to those witches and warlords?" Beta Sebastian question.
" That was the only way I found and hoped those people may know something else," Alpha Ace explained.
A sudden ringtone startled the two men. It was Annie who was calling.
" Why is she calling?" Beta Sebastian asked worriedly as she is instructed to only call during emergencies.
" Hello, Annie," Alpha Ace answer the call and put it on the speaker.
" Apha Aston has been sleeping with me ever since that night. Since the day before yesterday, I have been trying to know the reason behind the councilmen's arrival. As I never believe they would have come only to congratulate," Alpha Ace hummed in response to Annie's information making her continue speaking,
" Last night, I was able to crank him as he was already depressed. Turns out, the council was informed by a Seer about the attack on the Coronation ceremony. The seer told them about the potions the undercover prisoners have, vampires, warlords and weapons that will be used," Annie's words shocked Ace and Sebastian to the extent they stopped breathing for a while.
" They made a counterattack plan which I didn't get any information about yet. I will find out tonight...," Alpha Ace interrupted Annie ordering,
" Do not do anything until I say so,"
" Yes, " Annie replied and immediately cut the call as per the protocol.
Then Alpha Ace threw his lamp at the wall in anger.
" Ace, you are already tired from the ritual. Don't stress yourself more," Beta Sebastian spoke to calm Alpha Ace down but he growled.
" We were so near and now the council is involved which means the royals will get involved... This will mess up our plan," Alpha Ace snapped and started to throw things near his reach.
" Ace! We have to talk to our spies and question them. How the hell did they didn't know about the prediction the seer saw or the council's actions?" Beta Sebastian grabbed Alpha Ace's shoulders and spoke.
" Call them," Alpha Ace ordered.
" Hello, Beta," The spy was quick to answer the call.
" What's the update on the council?" Beta Sebastian asked casually.
" To be honest, Beta, I am confused just like others," The spy confessed.
" What do you mean?" Alpha Ace questioned this time.
" The council is being unpredictable for a few days... The council members visited a hospital where six injured girls were admitted because of an animal attack. After that, the council contacted the French and Mexican hunter's heads. Then the Royal Beta Edward arrived and now he is staying in a human building owned by the council," The spy told.
" We are finding more information on the matter, Alpha and that's why we didn't inform you yet," The spy explained.
" Send me the address of the building," Alpha Ace ordered.
" I will Alpha," The spy muttered and cut the call.
" Six Indian girls," Beta Sebastian mumbled and looked at Alpha Ace who had a similar expression.
" They turned into werewolves," They both announced at the same time.
" If they were turned into werewolves then why did the Royal Beta have to come?" Beta Sebastian questioned.
" My gut is telling me to look into this matter. You should take Ava away from that pack, Sebastian," Alpha Ace said.
" Then what, Ace? I mean are we going to attack tomorrow or not," Beta Sebastian points out.
Then the phone notification rings and the spy had a message about the address of the building.
" I have to go and check this out," Alpha Ace announced.
" Ace, just take the nine-sacred herbs before leaving the pack house. You will be needing the strength," Beta Sebastian spoke as he knew Alpha Ace will refuse if he stopped him.
" Don't worry, Mom," Alpha Ace joked before leaving the room.
Beta Sebastian then went out thinking about Alpha Ace's words. Ultimately, he took his car and went to the Howler Packhouse.
He didn't waste time and went to the Alpha Office. He knocked on the door three times and was called inside. Beta Sebastian didn't expect to see the Zetas, Deltas, warrior heads, Beta Liam and Gamma Oliver surrounding the desk with the map let out.
" Sebastian, what brings you here?" Alpha Aston asked in a stunned tone.
" I am here to meet you as a protector of my mate, Ava. Looks like you are busy, I will wait outside," Sebastian turned to leave but Alpha Aston stopped him saying,
" No, it's okay. What's the matter?"
" I have planned to take Ava to New York City tomorrow. She will be completely safe with me throughout the trip," Sebastian spoke.
" As an Alpha, I can't let you take Ava without early notice," Sebastian chuckled at Alpha Aston's words.
" As a mate, I can take Ava whenever and wherever I want and I told her about this trip days before. I came here to inform you about that just because you are her protector, " Sebastian said with an authoritative tone that Alpha Aston didn't like.
" And I will not let you take her," Alpha Aston growls lowly as he spoke.
" I get your concern that you are protective about her but rest assured that she will be saved," Sebastian muttered before Alpha Aston could say. Beta Liam whispered to him saying,
" Let Ava go with him. At least she won't be here during the attack,"
" What if she gets attacked during this trip?" Alpha Aston points out.
" I will be there to protect her, Alpha Aston," Sebastian said getting annoyed by the teenage Alpha's behaviour.
" We can send some warriors as bodyguards," Gamma Oliver suggested making Alpha Aston to noded
" At what time you will be taking Ava?" Alpha Aston asked.
" Tomorrow morning at six o'clock," Sebastian answered smiling.
" I will take your leave then, Alpha," Then Sebastian left the Alpha Office and went to Annie's room after making sure no one is around.
" Come in," Annie let Sebastian enter her room.
" I want you to listen to the conversation at the Alpha Office and give the report," Annie nodded and Sebastian quickly left the room so no one can see them together.
Annie was able to install hidden microphones in the Alpha, Luna, Beta and Gamma's Office. That microphone didn't have the feature to record the conversation so it should be used when there is a meeting inside the Office.
In the meanwhile, Sebastian followed Ava's scent that was intense in the common hall. But she wasn't there so Sebastian continue to follow her scent that led them to one of the doors in the common corridors.
Sebastian knocked on the door and it was opened by Kai.
" Coach... What brings you here?" Kai asked surprisingly.
" My mate's scent," Sebastian answered and walked inside to find Ava, Anna and their friends except for Sophia and Chloe.
" Sebby," Ava blurted out in surprise.
" Did I interrupt something important?" Sebastian asked noticing strange looks on everyone's faces.
" Sebby, we are planning to meet some wanted witches and warlords to break the curse," Ava explained nervously as she walked up to Sebastian.
" Who are they?" Sebastian questioned while wrapping his arm around Ava.
" Here is the list," Noah handed the list of names and the contact numbers to Sebastian.
" How sure you that they are real?" Sebastian looked at the list memorizing the details.
" Around eighty to ninety per cent," Ella answered.
" You are acting like a teacher who is asking questions on a history topic," Ava joked making the atmosphere cheerful.
" Well, technically all of you are my students so that makes sense to answer my questions," Sebastian mumbled.
" So, when are you guys planning to meet these people?" Sebastian asked looking at the two boys in the room.
" During the Coronation ceremony," Noah answered.
" We will take Anna and Ava with us," Kai points out the detail.
" Ava won't be here on the night of the Coronation...We are leaving for New York City tomorrow morning, " Ava widens her eyes hearing Sebastian.
" Sebby, I think we should meet these people first...," Sebastian interrupt Ava saying,
" We will break the curse but until then we won't let the curse ruin our happiness... And I don't think it's safe for the girls to meet these wanted people during the first meeting. So you boys will meet them and if you found them authentic then the girls will meet. Am I clear?" Sebastian asked in authority tone that made the boys to nodded.
" I need words," Sebastian spoke.
" Yes, Coach," the boys chanted.
"It looks like we are back in the football practice," Alice joked making everyone laugh.
Then Sophia entered the room and was surprised by Sebastian's presence.
" Hey, Coach," Sophia greeted meekly.
" Hi, Sophia," Sebastian greeted back.
" So guys, what's the plan?" Sophia asked.
" Noah and I will be going to meet these people during the Coronation ceremony. Then if we find them authentic then we will take Anna and Ava to meet them," Kai narrated the plan.
" Good, now can we talk about the counter plan on tomorrow's attack?" Sophia asked nervously while Sebastian acted shocked and concerned.
" What attack are you talking about?" Sebastian question.
" We will get attacked by the Unknown tomorrow... Aston, Liam and Oliver didn't let their mates into the matter so they are retaliating forming their group to fight tomorrow," Grace answered.
" Tell me about it. Even though Ava and I won't be here," Sebastian said. And with that everyone in the room shared to discuss tomorrow's attack and their plan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will happen on the night of the attack?