Chapter 3

" I know whose handwriting is this," Ava shouts in disbelief.
" Whose?" everyone asked.
" Our school janitor," Ava answered.
" When did you see the janitor's handwriting in the first place?" Liam questions.
" I was going to my cheer practice, I almost dump into the janitor and accidentally saw his do-to notes," Ava said confidently as she has a great memory and she was top in the test of memory testing every year.
" What is his name?" Ben inquiries with a controlled voice as he is furious that enemies are near his children.
" Bob and I don't know his last name," Ava muttered looking a little scared of his Dad's expression.
" Okay, get ready as we have to leave the house on time so we can reach Devil's Tango on time," Katie uses that as an excuse so that the children leave the room and she can talk to Ben.
" Shoot, I have little time to get ready," Anna and Ava screamed simultaneously then almost ran out of the room.
" Mom and Dad, tell me everything you find out so I could protect Anna and Ava at school especially," Liam requested as he understood his parents will discuss the situation. The Beta couple nodded at Liam then Liam leave the room with a relieved look.
" Why are you using Anna and Ava as bait?" Katie accused Ben as he is still taking them to Devil's Tango despite the danger.
" I am not using them as bait but rather teaching them not to be scared. When we take precautions like hiring bodyguards or restricting them within the pack borders can only make them weak. Dad never did those on buddy and me that taught us to be cautious and alert about our surroundings leading us to be great fighters," Ben defended himself looking offended by Katie's accusation.
" Ben, this time our enemy could be the Unknown. We have visited the rescued she-wolves...They were... not just their body was damaged with scares and injuries but their mind and soul were harmed as well. That Unknown organisation is worst than a monster," Katie shivered remembering the time when they visited rescued she-wolves to choose them as a member of the Howler pack. As the council allows packs to choose the rescue werewolves as the new member of the pack.
" Izzie is happy now, especially after meeting her mate in our pack," Ben tries to console his mate but he isn't good at it.
This made Katie glares at her mate who doesn't know to console a person since he was trained to be an emotional-less person by his trainers. Then she rolls her eyes as a habit after listening to her mate at times.
" But the experience has scarred her that she still gets panic attacks. I meet her daily since her mate is Joey, our current Zeta. He couldn't hide the incidences from her and Izzie relived the memory before her pack was destroyed," Katie sounded depressing making Ben hug his mate.
" The history will not repeat itself...we will make sure of that," Ben whispered.
" I also have to tell you an important thing," Ben said and then Katie replied, "We all will be watched by the Alpha, "
" How do you know that?" Ben asked in a shocked tone.
" I am Female Beta for a reason. So who is in charge of watching us," Katie responded.
" Our floor will have hidden cameras and microphones that only Chris, Aiden and I will watch. Whereas bedrooms will only have microphones which only be supervised by two of us," Ben informed making Katie stunned.
" We can't invade children's privacy," Katie whispered in fear that one of the children hears it.
" It's just temporary and I won't leave any risk as well," Ben said.
" And this way, we will know when Anna sneaks out to the woods. Because we know nothing will stop her to wander in the wood," Ben reasoned that making Katie nod in agreement.
" Let's get ready now," Katie announced.
In the meanwhile, Anna and Ava are doing each other's makeup while Liam is laying on the bed using his phone.
" Get ready quickly, I need either of you to take my pictures," Liam groans.
" Shut up," Ava and Anna shouted simultaneously.
" Will you two stop talking at the same time, it's annoying," Liam whines like a child.
" You know we can't help it," Ava said while applying lipstick to Anna's lips.
" And why do you care about taking pictures?" Anna questions knowing Liam will be annoyed.
" Just because I am a man, that doesn't mean I don't like to take pictures," Liam spoke sounding pissed.
" You are seventeen, Liam so how the hell you became a man," Ava muttered while putting on her earrings.
" You have studied human reproduction so in that matter I am a man," Liam spoke proudly while his sister looked at each other in shock.
" You did what?" Anna shouted.
" Mom will kill you for that," Ava whispered after gesturing for Anna to lower her voice.
" She will do that when she finds out. I have always been careful. And it's not like I am the only one doing it. Almost...95% of students in our school do it," Liam talks in a tone that he didn't do anything wrong.
" Why are you doing it in the first place when you know you have a mate? And you will be able to identify her on your eighteenth birthday," Anna asked and Ava nodded.
" It's not like I am sleeping with numerous girls...I am sure she is my mate and she is confident as well," Liam explains.
" Then why haven't you introduced her to us?" Anna asked at the same time Ava asks, " Did you give a promise ring to her?"
" We thought to come clean after my eighteen birthday regardless we turn out to be mates or not," Liam said.
" Now who will be taking pictures?" Liam questioned instantly.
" Anna lost the race that she will be taking pictures of us first," Ava sounded cheerful while Anna rolled her eyes and then the three of them left the room to take pictures outside the pack house. As they were going, the spy watched them at far.
Spy: The beta family have moved into the pack house as we planned.
Alpha: Get closer to the family. Especially, the Beta Ben or his son Liam.
Spy: I will.
Then the spy left her spot and went toward the group of werewolves while acting natural.
While the Alpha was waiting for his informer who is hiding outside the pack border to confirm that the Beta family have left the territory.
" Alpha, are we going to eat these girls?" Leo asked wickedly as the girls they capture an hour ago were looking delicious to him.
" Never and I mean it never asked me that. Those are humans and their death will involve royals. I will never take that risk for pleasure you sick needs," The Alpha holds Leo's collar and made sure his claws pierce his neck while he threatens him.
" I am sorry, Alpha" Leo submitted to the Alpha who released him.
The Alpha hated his members eating humans for their sick pleasure as kidnapping humans and eating them will create problems for him. But his Beta's father, the former Beta and currently is the only Epsilon of the pack. As none of the previous members survived the attack that killed his pack. The Epsilon Samuel supervises the activity of kidnapping and eating the female humans. Whenever the Alpha and the Beta object to it, Samuel reasons it saying, " It's always been a tradition of our pack and we must keep it alive,"