Listen

—

The gang met up at Nancys place shortly after what happened. As soon Wendy saw Max she flew out of the car, didn't matter if it was still moving. Max basically sprinted her way to Wendy, crying to her as she hugged her.

"Its okay, we found a way. You're okay. You're here." Wendy whispered to Max, brushing her hair back. Wendy looks up to the boys, scarred of what they just witnessed. "You're not going anywhere." Nancy and Robin went to talk to Steve, Dustin and Lucas about the music. As soon as Nancy said what they needed to do to get Vecna out, Steve heads over to Wendy and takes her to his house.

She was confused on why he sprinted up the stairs and into his room, shuffling and throwing stuff to find something.

"I have it here somewhere." He tosses some shoes from under his bed.

"Steve..." i said as I held my hands together, watching him.

"Give me a second." He muffles. It took a while until he crawls out and jumps up to give me what he found. "Here!" He hands me his old walkman that he didn't really use, tossing out his old tape behind him. "What's your favorite song? We can go to the record store, Bryce still works there." He pulls me out of the house and drove again. I played around with my fingers, focusing on the song on the radio so Vecna wont strike, not in front of Steve, anywhere but not in front of him. He dashes the parking lot, right after Bryce was about to close. "Bryce!" He shook his hand.

"Harrington, wow hey. Long time no talk still work at Family video?" Bryce crossed his arms.

"Still do, busy days you know." Steve looks at me. "You know Wendy right?"

"Byers right? Zombie boys cousin... yeah I do. Didn't you have a thing with Billy?" My eye twitched, ready to punch him. How dare he.

"Zombie boy has a name, call him that again I swear I will beat you up." Steve awkwardly laughs, telling him to stop while he was already ahead.

"Listen, we just need to buy one tape, I accidentally destroyed Wendys favorite tape and she leaves soon, I want her have it before she goes." Bryce sighs, thinks about it. "Come man, i helped you with Nicky."

"One thing." Bryce unlocks the door and he rushed in to the tape section. I glanced up and down the aisle, looking. My hand found its way to one of my favorites and we paid for it.

"Just don't stop wearing these, okay?" He puts on the headphones and i hit play. We made it back to the Wheelers place and head to the basement. The kids and Robin were already sleeping so Steve and I sat in the corner and watched over Max. The song ended and i had rewind it again. "If we had a dog, what would you name it?"