Its Not The Same Anymore

"Wendy you have guest!" My aunt Joyce called out. I got out of my room and saw the kids. I smiled and hugged them all.

"Hey guys." They all came in.

"We're going to miss you Wendy." Lucas said as he hugged me.

"Yeah we are." El told me as she held on to me. I told them about i was leaving to Chicago. They were devastated by the news. We got closer after the events of the mind flayer. I was gonna cry. I love these kids too much. Steve and I basically adopted them. We love them.

"You're going to call when you get there?" Mike asked me.

"Of course i am."

"Take pictures?" Max smiled.

"Of everything." I smiled back.

"And talk to Steve?" Dustin mentions. My heart fell as he said his name.

"Sure." I whispered. They all came back for another hug. Making sure I cant get out.

"You make a really cool dad." Dustin said.

"Dad?"

"Yeah, since Steves the mom of the party, that makes you the dad." I chuckled. They squeezed me with the meaningful hug. Their eyes were filled with tears. El never let go as the others pulled back. Mike pulled her and I walked to aunt Joyce and Jonathan.

"You be careful okay? Take the small roads, they are safer and better. Once you get there, call." My aunt told me as she tried not to cry.

"I will, I promise." I hugged Jonathan.

"Ill see you in a few months." He teared up.

"Dont worry about me. Go hang with Nance, okay? Do that for me?" He nodded. Good for him. He deserves it. I then turned to Will. He attacked me with a hug. "You take care of them for me okay? Can you do that for me?"

 "You take care of them for me okay? Can you do that for me?"

"You have my word." He pulls out a drawing of me and the family, including the party. It made me tear up. "I'm going to miss you Wendy."

"Ill be back real soon." I whispered to him. "Ill bring you a surprise when I get back." I went to my car and put the last box and put them in my car. I said my goodbyes again and drove off. I saw their faces, sad but happy. I drove out and I decided to talk to Steve. Maybe he'll understand. I'm gonna tell him. I made it to his house and I walked up to the door. My emotions were all over the place. I sucked it up and knocked the door. I waited and nothing. Just as I turned, the door opened.