I Love You

Its our last day. I packed up my last box. El stuffed her things away. She smiled as she put away her walkie, her shirts and stuff animals.

"Packed everything?" I asked.

"Yeah." She wiped her eyes. She left the room as Mike and Will passed by. I put away my photos. I saw a picture of me and Steve. Our foreheads touching and we were smiling. Jonathan took that photo. I smiled as i put it way. I taped the box up and dragged it out.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I said as Nancy and Jonathan pulled out the mattress to the truck. "Slow down."

"Sorry." They both said. I put my last box in the truck. I placed my hands in my hips and sighed. I leaned against my car, looking at the kids who were crying as they hugged Will. I turned to see a car coming. Robin and Steve jumped out.

"Wait! Dont leave yet!" Steve yelled out. He ran to me, giving me a kiss. "Sorry we're late, but i got the job! Dont get mad." I held his hands and stared into his eyes.

"I dont care, you came." My eyes widen. He got the job! "Oh my god! You did it baby!" I hugged him. He spin me around.

"Yeah, only if he said Star Wars, he called the bears, teddy bears." Robin said. My mouth dropped.

"They are Ewoks Steve! We watched the movie together!" I gently pushed his shoulder.

"He wouldn't get the job if it wasn't for me." I looked at Robin. I mouthed 'thank you' and she gave me a smile.

"Did you say thank you Robin?" He didnt look at her. I gave him a look.

"Thank you Robin." He said.

"Are you ready?" Aunt Joyce told me as she looked at us.

"Give us like 5 minutes! Tops!" I grabbed Steves hand and took him into the house and into my room. "Wow, I can't believe im leaving." I said as i stood in the empty room.

"I dont want you to leave." He said as he hugged me.

"I want to stay in your arms, and dont leave." I told him. The tears came in. I kissed his shoulder.

"I can still save money, buy a little house

"I can still save money, buy a little house. Just the two of us." Steve said as he pull the hug apart.

"Dont." I shook my head. "Its your money." I held his hands.

"And I want to spend it on us. Our future." He looked at me.

"This is going to be tuff." I took a deep breath out. I looked around. "We sure had a lot of great memories here." I smiled.

"Study date, listen to your Queen tapes-" he started to point out the places. "oh we cant forget, we had sex here." I laughed.

"You are something else." I smiled at him, Steve already smiling at me. "Did you talk to your mom? About Thanksgiving?" I asked him.

"Im coming." He swung my arms. "I'll be there. And then I was thinking maybe you could come up here for Christmas."

"Ill be here." I nodded. The door knocked and Jonathan gave us a small smile.

"Its time." He told me.

"I'll be out in a minute." Jonathan nodded and left. I looked at Steve. He walked out. I stood there, one more glance in the room. My first room. My first home. I smiled and left. I shut the door behind me. Steve and I held hands as we walked out. I walked up to Robin. I gave her a tight hug. "You take care of him for me?" I wiped my tears away. Robin nodded as she wiped her tears away.

"That I will." She smiled.

"Bye Robs." I sobbed.

"Bye Wens." She gave me one last hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." I patted her back. I went to the party. Dustin came up and hugged me. "Oh Dustin." I cried.

"Im going to miss you Wendy." He hugged me tight. I patted his shoulder.

"Be good okay?" He nodded. Lucas came up. He ran to my arms. "Remember, treat Max good okay?"

"Ill miss you Wendy." I kissed his cheek.

"Goodbye Lucas." I wiped his tear from his cheek. Max didnt wait for Lucas go let me go, she just ran up to me. "Oh Max." I cried.

"Please dont go." She whispers.

"Youre going to do fine. Okay?" I made look at me. She rubbed her eyes. "You are Max Mayfield. You can set your mind to anything you want. Just promise me one thing?"

"What is it?"

"If you need anyone to talk to, im here." She hugged my waist. Mike was next. Mike came up and hugged me.

"Be careful okay. Take care of El." I smiled at him.

"Always Mike." I kissed his head. I moved his hair to the side. Nancy came up. "Im sorry we havent been the bestest friends."

"Are you kidding? Wendy, you've been my Best friend since your first day at school. Im sorry i havent tried to make it work." I gave her a hug.

"Thank you Nace." I whispered.

"No, thank you Wendy." She pulled away from the hug and wiped her tear. "Go to him." She mentioned Steve. I turned around and saw him. He was crying. I never saw him cry before. It broke my heart.

"I don't want to say goodbye." I told him and i grabbed his hand.

"How about see you later?" He suggested. I nodded. Our foreheads touched.

"I'll see you later. I love you Steve Harrington." I whispered to him. I placed my hands on his cheek.

"I love you more Wendy Byers." He kissed me one more time. Will waved goodbye and got into my car. My hands slipped away from Steves as i got into my car. I put on my seatbelt and looked at my window. Steve placed his hand on the window. I placed mine on his. He gave me a small smile. I smiled back. Aunt Joyce and Jonathan started to drive. As i pulling away, Steve's hand slipped off. I looked at my rear view mirror, Steve standing, waving goodbye. Will started to cry. I placed my hand on the back of his head.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered to him. We drove in silence. Will decide to play one of my tapes. We sung quietly all the way to our new house.