Open the Door

We went in position. We went to the roof and Erica stayed at the store. We were the look out and the coast was clear.

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin said as she spoke in the walkie.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?" She said on the other end.

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light."

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment."

"Can we maybe not call it that?" Robin asked.

"See you on the other side. Nerds." There was no word from Erica yet. I sat down and snacked on some candy.

"Whered you get that?" Robin asked me.

"The countertop."

"That was our last batch." I gave her a smile.

"Oops?" I shrugged. We started to hear noises. We looked back to the door and saw Erica. "She did it."

"It was definitely worth the ice cream." Steve said. I looked back at him and smiled.

"Steve

"Steve." Dustin pulls Steve into a private conversation.

Steves POV

"So?" Dustin wiggles his eyebrows.

"So what?"

"You and Wendy?"

"She spent the night, nothing happened."

"Oh! She spent the night." He smiles.

"We just slept, thats all."

"I mean if you guys had-"

"Im going to stop you there." I shushed him.

"You still like her! Just tell her!"

"I cant! I scared her once, and im not doing it again." I huffed.

"But that doesnt change your feelings for her." He was right i still love her. Just the way she held my hand last night, they way we looked at each other. It never went away. "Steve, you better tell her before its too late. You can make a move now!"

"Now?"

"Yeah! You can tell her, pull her to the side, and tell her right there."

"You're saying that like its thats simple." I shook my head.

"Or! When we are done here, take her to the hill, put on that song what is it called?" He snaps his fingers. "I want to know what love is-"

"No! Absolutely not."

"What are we whispering about?" Wendy said as she came behind me. I jumped.

"Not you! Definitely not you. Yeah!" I nervously laughed. "Why would we talk about you?"

"Okay? We got the clear from Erica."

Wendys POV

We walked down to the elevator and checked it out. We walked in and saw the boxes. Steve opened the box up and we saw nothing that was related to food.

"That's definitely not Chinese food." He said. "Uh, maybe you guys should, you know, stand back." The three of us stood back, while Dustin stood next to Steve.

"No." He protest.

"Just step back, okay?"

"No." He said again. Steve shook his head and looked at him.

"Step back. Seriously." He pushes him gently.

"No! No! If you die, I die." We all looked at him crazy.

"Okay." Steve shrugs. He opened the box and smoke came out. "What the hell? What is that?" It reviled a green liquid type. There was movement.

"Was that just me, or did the room move?" I asked.

"Booby traps." Erica whispers. Then the lights flicker and a warning sound came on. I panicked.

"You know what? Let's just grab that and go." Steve closes the box. Dustin runs to the buttons.

"Which one do I press, Erica?"

"Just press the damn button, nerd."

"Which one? I'm pressing the button, okay?" He kept pressing.

"Press "open door"." She told him.

"I'm pressing "open door"."

"Just open the Press the other button." She grumble.

"Out of the way so she can push the button." Robin said. Erica came up and started to hot the buttons.

"Would you stop? I'm trying."

"Would you let me just do it? Would you stop?" She fought with him.

"Just open the door!" I yelled out. The doors slammed shut and the elevator dropped. "Shit!" I screamed.

"Im going to die!" Steve cried

"Im going to die!" Steve cried. Everyone was screaming and yelling and swearing. The drop was too fast. I grabbed onto the rack and held on for dear life.

"Ahh!" Dustin screamed.

"I cant die with nerds!" Erica yelled.

"Shit! Shit!" Robin repeated.