Date Night

Its been a week already since the whole flayed. I cant even go to sleep without thinking about me getting stabbed and seeing Billys body, it was just too much to take in. El officially moved in with us and I felt bad that every now and then i wake her up with my nightmares. This time i wanted her to sleep. It was late, 3 am late. I sat on the edge of the bed, looking down.

Just call him, a little voice said in my head

Just call him, a little voice said in my head. So I picked up the phone from my nightstand and called Steve.

"Hello?" I heard his husky voice.

"Steve?"

"Wendy? What's wrong? Are you okay? Another nightmare? Wendy?" He kept asking questions. I pushed my hair back and whispered into the phone.

"Can i come over?"

"Yes you can. Want me to pick you up?"

"Can you?"

"Ill be there in a minute okay? Just pack your clothes, leave a note to your aunt, ill be there." I love how caring he is.

"Okay." He hung up. I packed my bag and quietly walked out of my room. I grabbed a piece of paper and one of Wills crayons.

At Steve's, be home soon
~Wendy

The headlights shined through the window. I walked out of the house and I went in his car. I laid in his car, without saying a word. He puts his hand on my thigh and drove. We made it to his house and went to his room. We laid there.

"I just see the flayed. The way it stabbed me, Billys body." I sighed. "It just feels like im in a movie, it's just playing over and over." Steve holds me in his arms.

"Its going to take some time to adjust. Im going to be here every step of the way. So will Jonathan, Will and your aunt, everybody." He kisses my forehead. "Im here."

"What if he comes back?" I whispered as I talked about the flayed.

"If he does, we know what to do. We win every time." He caresses my cheek. I brushed my fingers through his hair. "If im still here, nothing will ever happen to you."

"Thank you for letting be here."

"No, you needed me and im here. Thats what boyfriends do." I gave him a small smile. He pulled me closer to him and closed his eyes. The warmth of his body made me sleepy. I wrapped my arms around him. His light snores got louder. I closed my eyes as i listened to his heart beat.

Next Morning

I opened my eyes as I saw Steve looking at me. He kissed my nose.