Harrington

—

"Help!" Steve runs into the ER, carrying Wendy in his arms. She was still pretty out of it. The nurses rushed to their aid. The nurses were all in shocked as they saw how badly broken Wendy's arm is, how pale she is. All of them had the same thought, how is she still alive? "Please." Steve whispers to them. The rushed in a gurney, Steve gently placing her on it and they rolled away in a hurry.

"Sir, you have to stay here." One nurse pushes Steve out. Nancy, Robin and Dustin stayed put, waiting for an update. Steve's leg was bouncing insanely fast, as Robin bit her nails, Dustin in his on little world after Eddies death and Nancy holding her hands together.

All of them thought the same thing. What are they going to tell Joyce? How do they break to her that her niece was on Vecna's kill list, twisted her arm. God for bid that she slips into a coma.

"Wendy Byers?" The group stands up. The nurse looks at them. They knew what he was going to say. "Only family-"

"Im her fiancé." Steve steps up. The nurse nods and takes him to the room where they had Wendy in. She looks so peaceful otherwise her face was beat up, lip busted, eye bruised. Steve quickly runs to her side, holding her hand.

"She's fine. She just passed out, we did our best with her arm so she will be in a cast for a while. And she will be in a lot pain so she's going to be a little drowsy from the medication. Otherwise, when she wakes up, you can take her home."

"Thank you." The nurse leaves him alone with her and Steve cries. He's relieved that she's going to be okay. Wendy was right, he should've listened because he almost lost her.

"How is she?" Robin comes in. Nancy took Dustin to get him checked out since he did break his leg. Steve wipes his tears and looks up at his best friend.

"She's going to be fine." Robin come behind him and hugs him. Steve just breaks down in her arms.

The two spent a couple of hours in the room, waiting. Steve never left Wendys side. He wanted to be there when she wakes up.

"Hmm.." they heard a groan slip out of Wendys mouth. Robin slaps Steves arm and pointing at Wendy. Her face frowns, hand quickly rubbing her temples. "Steve?" She opens her eyes. "Steve!" Wendy starts to panic. Steve runs to her.

"Hey hey. Im here." He smiled at her.

"Steve..." she said so softly with a smile. "Hi."

"Hi!" Robin and Steve chuckles. "You're in the hospital, you have a broken arm. Do you remember anything?" Wendy looks at her arm now in a bright blue cast. She did remember. Every single thing.

"No." She lied. "Wheres Eddie? Is-" she gets cut off from the memory of him dying in her arms.

"What happened when you, you know?" Robin asked. Wendy got hit with flashbacks, her getting stabbed through the chest, Max dead, El saving her. She didn't want to tell them the real reason.

"Lets go home yeah?" She slowly nods her head. After a long time of signing papers, going over medicines and cast rules, all Wendy wanted was just hide in bed and not come out. The ride to Steves was silent, not from anger or sadness it was more like thinking what to say next. Steve helped her out and took her to the living room. Wendy sat there, looking at the floor, she swears she can still 001's voice, scrambling in her head.

"Im sorry..." wendy said. Steve frowns and sits next to her.

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong. The bats killed Eddie, you got away from Vecna. You shouldn't say sorry that you survived."he kisses her lips and heads up to run her a bath.

"I dont feel lucky either." She mumbles.

things with Wendy are getting better. Now that she has to work with her broken arm, she's gotta go slow down. The town was destroyed, the vision 001 gave Wendy to see was coming true. A lot of lives were lost due to the destruction.

"Hey?" Steve said as Wendy was in her thoughts. She hums in response. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked as they drove.

"I just feel bad for Eddie, thats all." She puts her head out of the window, letting the breeze hit her. "Its not fair how he sacrificed his life and nobody will ever know. He's not the villain."

"I know baby." He places his hand on her lap. They arrived at Dustins. Wendy wanted to come to see him. She gets out of the car and walks up to the Henderson household. She presses the doorbell and was greeted by his mom. Dustin limps to see who it is. He steps out, closing the door behind him. Wendy hugs the boy and cries.

"Im sorry Dustin. I wish you never saw any of that." Dustin gives her a tight hug, also crying onto her shoulder. "Please, please forgive me."

"It wasn't your fault. Im glad you're okay." He sniffs as they pulled apart. "Im glad that Vecna died before he did anything else to you." Right...

"Im sorry about Eddie." Dustin cries more, pulling her in for another hug. "He cared for you so much."

Steve and Wendy sat by the pool of his house. Even though with everything bad happening, Steve still promised her that he'll marry her. You know Steve, always with the best timing.

Music from his radio played, a small array of snack, Steve on-top of Wendy, admiring her eyes as they're on a blanket. Steve brushing her hair back as Wendy smiles at him.

"You know, I still remember when you were wrapping me up with your shirt, I told you something." Wendy puts her finger on his chin, looking up at him all innocently. "I told you to marry me. I kept my promise so..." Steve sits up and takes out a small velvet box from his jeans and opens to reveal a gold ring. Wendy smiled. "I never thought to myself that a girl like you, punk rock, heavy eyeliner, listens to rock music religiously, will have such a impact in my life. Since the moment i knew I love you, I told myself that there is no other girl out there that can replace my love for you. You, Wendy Ringo Byers are a one of a kind. Im ready to start a future with you. Will you make me the happiest man and marry me? Mrs. Harrington?"

"Yes!" He slips the ring in her ring finger and Wendy looks at the beautiful piece of jewelry. The beautiful gold diamond ring and the ring that Eddie gave her, duct tape to fit her tiny finger, completed the look. Even though they already had said yes, she was still in shock, finally, a good thing. Her parents would be proud the way she is turning out. "I want everything with you. Six little nuggets and all." Steve laughs as Wendy kisses him repeatedly.

"We serious about six nuggets?" He pulls her back to see her beauty.

"Why not? You've been a good boy." Steve kisses Wendy deeply and passionate.

"Wherever you go, I go."