Holding Out For A Hero

—

The banging continues, i held myself, hands covering my ears from the noise. Lonnie kept yelling my name. I rocked myself, i want to be home. I want to go back home.

"Stop being a little bitch Wendy and come out!" Im done. I slowly got up, grabbed the curtain rod and ready to hit him with it. Just as I opened the door, I stepped into another room. The door closes shut and my hand went up to the name on the door. Wendy. It was a wooden plank with my name on it, it had butterflies, rainbows and flowers, mom made it. Am I home? Like actually home? I looked around the hallway. My baby pictures were sitting on the table, me in my school uniform, Will, Jonathan and I, a lot of school pictures.

"Wendy come down, its time!" I heard my moms voice. I slowly walked down the steps and head to the kitchen. There she was.

"Mommy." I said in a whisper and a smile. She turns to me, smiling.

"Hi Wendy." I turned to see my dad, in his mechanic suit, he always wore.

"Daddy." I sniffled. My parents. My parents opened their arms to give me a hug. "I missed you so much." My moms grip tightens, making it hard to breathe.

"Look at you." She looks at me, not letting me go. "You're so different. You look so beautiful."

"Steve's waiting."

"Steves here?" I looked around.

"Its time to come home Rabbit." Rabbit? No. It was bunny.

"What did you say?" My head looked up at my dad and his eyes were white. I pushed them off of me and i backed up.

"I thought you wanted us to a family again."

"No." I shook my head.

"Wendy..." my mom steps up. "Its time." Her face was getting red, her eyes were white. I booked it to the front door, the door was blocked with wood.

"Shit! Shit!" I repeated to myself. "This is so bad, this is the worse trip I've ever been on! Imma need that purple delight!" The floor creaked as someone walked up. I grabbed a baseball from my dads case, and waited. It was Lonnie.

"What are you doing here?" He comes up.

"I just wanted to go home." I stuttered.

"You are home."

"No, my home is with aunt Joyce and the boys and El. I just want to be with Steve." I swung the bat to make him stay back. "Stay away from me."