Fate

"The ceiling stopped spinning for me. Is it still spinning for you?" Steve asked me. I looked up.

"Holy shit. No." I rubbed my eyes.

"You think we puked it all up?"

"Maybe. Ask me something. Interrogate me." I mocked the russians voice.

"Okay." Steve chuckles. " Interrogate you. Sure. Um When was the last time you, uh, peed your pants?"

"A few days ago." I said as looked at the wall.

"What?"

"When the elevator dropped."

"Oh, my God." We laughed.

"It was just a little bit, though."

"Yeah, it's definitely still in her system."

"Oh - All right, my turn." I said as i pulled myself up from the floor.

"Okay. Hit me."

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked.

"Yep. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." I made a small smile. Steve imitated a gunshot and laughs.

"Are you still in love with Nancy?" I asked again.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I think it's because I found someone who's a little bit better for me." He chuckled. "It's crazy. Ever since Dustin got home, he's been saying, "You know, you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie. To be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure she's even real. But that's not that's not really the point. That doesn't matter. The point is, this girl, you know, the one that I like, it's somebody that I had a great time with. I mean, Dustin's right, it's all just a bunch of bullshit anyways. Because, when I think about it, I should've been hanging out with this girl the whole time. First of all, she's hilarious. She's so funny. I feel like, last year, I have laughed harder than I have laughed in a really long time. And she's smart. Way smarter than me. You know, she can play guitar, like, really good. You know? She's honestly unlike anyone I've ever even met before." I didnt say anything. He was describing me. I pulled my knees to my chest. I silently banged my head on my knees. "Wendy?" He tapped on the wall between us. "Wendy, did you just OD in there?" I started to cry.

"No

"No." I sniffed and sighed. "I am still alive." I saw him come from under and into my stall. We both looked at each other. "The floor's disgusting."