Stay

—

Wendy looks up. She has to stop him. She looks around and grabs a chair for her to jump on. She tosses the bat to the other side.

"No! Wendy!" Dustin grabs her. "No!"

"Stay! For once, listen. i cant have you die. Ill be back with him." She places her hand on her cheek. Dustin was in tears. "Please. Stay." She pushes him to the side and runs, jumping on the chair and grabbing on the ceiling. Here she goes. She lets go and lands hard on the floor.

"Wendy!" She groans in pain, rolling off her back and taking a second before she leaves to find Eddie.

"Dont come after me..." she tells him as she picks herself up from the floor and limps her way out. She yelled out for the Munson boy, no sign until a swarm of bats were surrounding him. Wendys eyes grew. She swung her back back and forth, trying to get to Eddie. The bats plopped on the ground, they're died. As the swarm dropped dead, Wendy saw Eddie on the ground. "Eddie! Eddie!" She screams for him. She drops to her knees, taking Eddie into her lap. He was covered in blood. "No god please no." Wendy sobs.

"How I do Byers?" He chokes on his blood but still smiling.

"You're an idiot Munson, why?" She shakes her head. "We were so close. Why did you do that?"

"I promised to keep you safe." He holds her hand. It was a nice comfort for him to have someone there as he dies. He wasn't alone for once. She actually cared for him.

"Eddie, please..." Wendy's tears fell on his face.

"It was fun right?" He chuckles. "It was an honor to be playing by your side, Metallica was a good choice."

"Yeah, it was." She nods.

"I remember the first day you came to Hawkins. I remember sitting behind you during English, you blasting Billy Idol through your headphones, then smiling at Jonathans locker, walking those halls like you are the shit. God I wanted to be your friend."

"You are my friend Eddie, my best friend." With her free hand, she brushes his hair back.

"Here." He trembles as he gave her his black stone ring. "Something to remember me by."

"Dont you dare die." She yells at him. "I cant have you die too." Wendy looks up and sees Dustin, limping his way to them. "Dustin! Dustin!" She cries for him. Eddie starts to drift away. "Hey hey! Wake up." She gently shakes him. "you're going to be fine."

"Im glad i made that promise to Steve, you deserve to be happy." Nobody has ever said that her. She actually deserves a happy life. His lip quivers. "You better name one of your evil spawns after me, i dont care what Harrington says."