Ready for Battle

—

Steve parked the RV far as we got some space to set up and build our own weapons to go to the upside down. I rubbed my knuckles, smirking that I just hit Jason.

"Nice swing by the way." Steve comes from behind, handed me nails. "He did deserve it."

"Thats what happens when you talk shit about my family." Steve and I watched Eddie and Dustin, now starting to make a shield out of nails. "Hey, do you still have that bat?" Steve raised his right brow.

"Give me a second." He leaves and i head to Eddie and Dustin.

"How's she feeling?" I looked up at Eddie who was swing his shield around.

"Light." He lifts it up in the air. "But durable. Deadly." He stabs the air. "But reliable." I went back on building my own as Eddie put his leg up on the stool. "Hear me now. There will be no more retreating..." he said in a low voice. "...from Eddie the Banished." He puts his arm to his side.

"Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle." Dustin amkes a joke. Eddie and I just looked at him. I did chuckle as Dustin snorted at his own joke. "You get it? "Bat-tle." B-A-T. No?" Eddie just stared at the boy. Dustin gets upset and looks away. "I thought I had a good one." Eddie drops the shield, charging at Dustin. "What are you doing?" Dustin tries to stop him. "You son of a bitch! No wedgies! No wedgies!" I went back to making my shield as the boys goofed off. They kept pretending to be in their own little game. As I finished I stood up, looking at Steve, who was talking to Robin, turning to me. I gave him a smile and he smiled back. "And then, here i come, saving the girl!" Eddie sneaks up behind me, picking me up and twirling me around.

"Eddie no!" I laughed as he circled around the field. "Put me down!"

"Sweep her off her feet and then we walked away into the sunset." Eddie puts me down, laughing and smiling as I tried to catch some air.

"Haha!" I faked a laugh. "But the girl doesn't need saving." I pushed him away. Eddie comes up, i crossed my arms and lifted my chin.

"Who would've thought I would be talking to Wendy Byers." He chuckles. "How about after this, we can play a round of D & D?"

"Keep it in your pants yeah?" I patted his chest. "Steve doesn't like to share." I pointed at my boyfriend who stared at us.

"I have never seen anyone so in love than Steve being with you." He tells me. "Steve always had a girl, he was the type to break up with one and the next day he got a new girl around his arms." I frowned as he told me. "But I never seen him so happy, caring, and loving with anyone, only with you. Not even with Nancy." My face started to blush. "You picked a good one Byers. Dont let him go." He clears his throat as we made eye contact. Eddies eyes moved all over the place, up and down, around me. "I sure wouldn't let a girl like you go." He kicks his feet. "I believe your prince awaits." Eddie steps aside. Steve stands up, waiting for me. All i can think of is that maybe, just maybe, i wont make it out alive. I need to tell him. I have to. Dustin and Eddie watched as I slowly walked out to him, Steve planting a kiss on my cheek, staring at Munson.

"We need to talk." I whispered to him, pulling him into the RV.

"About what?" I leaned against the table, my eyes watery to even think this.

"You know what." My voice cracks. Steve shakes his head, coming up to me.

"We got the plan-"

"I have a feeling that I won't come back." I held onto his arms, looking up at him. He is so beautiful, just like the day I met him. "I just need you to promise me that if I go, you will not hold back. You will move on with your life."

"No, Wendy, what you are telling me is impossible to do. Im not just going to move on from you." He placed his hands on the sides of my face. "The day you die, is the day I also die. I cant live without you, whats the point of being here if you're not here."

"Can we just realize what's going to happen?" Steve hated the way she always brought this up. He can't have his girl die. Venca cant just kill her, why her? Why Wendy out of all people? What does she have to do with all of this?

"Its just not fair." He says to her. Why does this hurt so bad? Well, Wendy is his true and only love. He wont be able to move on because there will be nobody like her. Even if he tried, nobody can be her. "I will kill Vecna, we will get married, you will graduate, will we move to our home together, and we will start a family. Thats our plan. You're not going to die. I wont let that happen." He nods. "Our plan."

"Our plan." The two touched foreheads, enjoying their presence. "Our future."

"The way it's meant to be."