Risk

I got home as I helped the boys with the groceries. We tried to take all of them so we wont do so many trips, but failed since it was heavy.

"I got the mail." Will said. I walked in the house with the last bags. "Wendy you got mail." He passed me the envelope. I opened it and I dropped the grocery bag.

"Dear Wendy Byers, we are glad to announce that you-OH MY GOD!" I screamed.

"What!?" Everyone yelled

"I got accepted to the internship! I got in!" Aunt Joyce cheered and they all hugged me. "I cant believe it!" I couldnt stop smiling! It was such a perfect timing too! Summers here and I can spend it in Chicago for internship.

"When are you leaving?" Jonathan asked. I read it more.

"2 weeks." They all smiled.

"I am so proud of you honey! You deserve this." She placed her hands on my cheeks. "This deserves a celebration. Anyone want Chinese food?" We all nodded. I couldnt wait to tell Steve. He is so supportive about this. He's gonna flip! The phone rang and Jonathan picked it up. After 5 minutes on the phone, he ran to tell the news.

"Got my internship at the Hawkins Post!"

"Jonathan! Im so happy for you! I believe in you!"

"I knew you were gonna get it!" We all hugged him.

"Wow, so much great news today! Definitely deserves the food." We all laughed. We went to bed early. Jonathan called Nancy, saying she also got the internship. I went to my room and called Steve.

"Hello." I heard.

"Hey Steve." I said.

"Whats up Byers." I felt his smile.

"I have amazing news." I told him.

"Dare to tell." Just as I was gonna open my mouth. I heard a door slam from the other line.

"Steve get off the phone, we have to talk."

"Not now okay, im talking to someone important."

"Now!"I jump of how loud that voice was.

"I'll call you later okay?"

"Yeah thats fine." We hung up and i felt bad. Steve told me about his dad. He's a grade A asshole and just a huge dick. I felt bad. The things he told me about him. I felt bad for Steve.