Getting Ready

Pray's p.o.v

"Pray...Pray...wake up child, it's almost 1:00 and the guest's are going to be here any moment" My aunt Nisha's voice rang through my ears. It's morning already?

"Mhmm...a few more minutes mum" I said. And yes I called her mom. Why? Because the real person who should be calling mom left me alone in this stupid world when I was 4. And dad you ask? Well, he also left.

"Pray...please wake up hun or else I'm going to have to do it myself" She said. Mailing me jolt.up in my still sleepy situation.

"Fine, but why so early?" I said with my eyes still closed. When I open them, I see her standing in front of me with a small spike on her lips. Then it hits me, people are coming to see me today. To ask for my hand in marriage.

"Pray you have 15 minutes to get ready. They will be here any second. I let you sleep late because you were doing your school project. I let you have your way, now u need to work my way. If I don't see you ready downstairs in the kitchen in 15 minutes you will be in deep trouble missy" she said while roaming around the, my dirty clothes in her hands. Oh, did I forget to wash them?

"Oh and wear something suitable. Maybe wear the green salwar-kameez which I gave you on your last birthday! It really looks good on you. We wouldn't want you future in-laws to run away would we?" She said. Why is she so excited? I turn my head to look at the small click on my side-table, it's already 12:15, great.

"Pray!" she whines when she still sees me in bed.

"Okay, okay. Just calm down mummy" I say teasing her. Knowing that she hates it when I call her "mummy". Apparently, she thinks it's too English-ly? And prefers me calling her mum. There's no difference but who cares. The thing is, we're Muslims.

"I'm in no mood for kidding Pray. I'm serious!" she said.

"And when are you not serious?" I said while getting off from my sweet and warm bed. Oh bed. How much I love you. Mum let out a sigh and went downstairs.

Don't hate me! I really do love my aunt to death! It's just that, I'm not a morning person. I'm sure you understand.

Do you?

So I made my way to my closet, got what I was looking for, put my clothes on the bed and went to the bathroom.

And yes! I have a bathroom connected to my room. Thank god!

Turned on the water and waited for it gets warm. While it was getting warm, I looked in the mirror at my reflection.

Gosh! Time flies! I'm going to see my future in-laws today. I didn't know how it happened but it just did. And it happened fast. Aunt Nisha said that they knew my mom and dad, and that they were good friends. She said that they are good people and rich.

Well that's a bonus point for me!

She said that they live in UK. Bradford exactly. I also lived there with my parents. I was born in UK, but when my parents died; my aunt brought me here in America with her.

My aunt is one of the nicest and kindest people I know and her husband is also like her nice and kind. Uncle Sajid. He treats me like his own daughter. Well it's not because I don't have parents. It's because I am the only child here, in this house.

Yes. My aunt and uncle don't have any kids, why? Well, I never really asked.

My parents were the closest tom them that's why I came here with them. My other relatives simply annoying. Whenever they come, they always judge about the way I dress, speak, walk, sit and basically everything! Only some of them are nice.

Well, if you're in a Pakistani family, you would understand.

My aunt says that I really look like my mom. My mom was Britain. She was really pretty from what I remember. She had this really pale skin and rosy cheeks with hazel eyes, a cute pointy nose with a really deep dimple on the right side of her cheek and long really black hair which was straight from the top then slightly curly from the bottom. My aunt said that I have her eyes, her hair, her nose, her lips and even her dimples. I only got my skin color from my dad. So I'm a little tan.

It would've been so great if my parents were here to see me get young and married.

Sigh. Well dreams don't always come true now, do they. But if I had one wish, just one wish to turn everything around and bring them back. I would.

I suddenly realize that I only had 15 minutes and I think I wasted 5 at thinking.

I quickly stripped, went inside the shower and let the warm water calm my fragile body.

I cried.

I cried because no one could see me.

I cried because I know that no one cared if I do.

I cried because I hated god for giving me this life.

I cried because I miss my parents.

I cried because I wanted them back.

I cried because I'm getting married at the age of 18 to a person I don't even know.

I cried because I couldn't say no to this. Because this was my parents wish. But I guess I have to go through it. I mean, that's what my parents would've done, right?

Sucking great, now my eyes are all red and puffy and shit.

I just hope this guy is a sexy ass motherfucker. Now, who wants to be stuck we a nerd and make nerd babies?

Not me.

Please, god. Help this creature who's standing in a towel, begging you.

***

After a few minutes of taking a shower and the crying session, I went out of the shower and dried myself. Wrapping the towel around my petite body, I exit the bathroom to enter my warm room.

Still in my towel. I dried my hair, which was not really long. Just a few inches above my waist. I didn't put any make up on because I hate wearing makeup. It was not really my thing, I have no past experience with make up.

I got dressed in the green salwar-kameez, which was showing my slightly perfect curves. Put on some silver sandals. Wore the bracelet which was my mum's on my ankle and made my way downstairs. Gosh this bracelet really makes noise sometimes.

The bracelet was really pretty. My mum used to wear it. I still remember the sounds it made when she used to walk while wearing it. It was silver and has some tiny bells hanging on it which made these jingle noises every time I took one step and I was currently wearing on my right ankle so it only made noise when I took the right step. I loved these sounds that it made. I always wear it. Not only because it was my mom's but also because I love and its good luck for me. At least I think it is.

I was slightly nervous about this whole marriage thing. I didn't think I would be arranged to marry someone I don't even know. I still remember what my thoughts were about arrange marriage when I was younger. I hated it. Me and my best friend had planned to runaway if any of us were getting arranged to marry a stranger. Now, I guess we're too scared to do that shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Here's a new story of Zayn, hope you enjoy.

The clothes she was wearing is on the right, i will post pictures differently because the only have space for one.

Please let me know what do you think.

Pray xxx