My Way With You

Pray's p.o.v

I could feel my heart thumping loudly in my chest as Zayn and I slowly walk through the aisle.

Walking through the aisle was practically was the most challenging thing to do. There are loads of relatives here who will judge you. Every single detail about you. The way you walk, smile, talk, look, breath.

I think you get my point.

They will see how the newly wedded couple looks together. Give you the look of satisfaction or disapproval. Either way, you are going to get gossip about, mainly the ew talk of the family.

By the looks of it, they've already started it. I can already see some gossiping and giggling quietly to themselves. Some are mouthing "congratulations" or "wow" and some are just shaking there their head or looking fantasized.

And of course, we have our teenage side of the family. The boys are just in their own thoughts. Some are smiling and laughing, talking to each other. And some are, well, drooling or being major perverts and whistling. I'm guessing they're from Zayn's side of the family. Well, Zayn and I's. Our side? I'm on his side now, right?

For the girls. Some of them are looking satisfied and smiling towards us. Squealing like little girls, holding the one next to them to gain their composure. They look excited for the new couple. And some. Well, not some. "Most" of them are just scowling at me, just how I expected. Jealousy is a bitch. It can kill you, emotionally.

I just hope nothing wrong happens.

We finally reach the grand stage. There is a love seat in the middle, followed by two other on both sides and a small table in front of it. Guess that's where Zayn and I will be sitting.

Going up the steps of the stage, I hold on to Zayn's arm tightly. I'm not being hormonal. It's just that these killer heels are killing me. Oh, the irony.

I could see him smirk from the corner of my eye. I roll my eyes as he holds my waist tightly and pulls me up with him. We turn around to face our family, who looks really happy. I smile at Safaa, who is jumping up and down, squealing and clapping. Well, she's excited. I couldn't help but giggle at her actions. Oh, how I love that munchkin.

I turn to look at Zayn, only to find him already staring at me.

"You look happy" he whispers in my ear. We probably look like a cheesy couple right now.

I point towards Safaa to show him why I giggled, earning a chuckle from home too.

Zayn slowly intertwined our hands and told me to smile when the cameraman came up.

Trisha and mum came up, holding Pakistani sweeties in their hands. Now this is the part where your mother in laws feed you. Trisha opened the box to reveal gulab jamun, one of my favorites. I smiled at my mum who looked up at Zayn while picking up a piece, putting it up to his mouth. He slowly takes a bite of it, leaving me to my hormonal thoughts. He's trying to kill me slowly and painfully. And also frustrated.

She chuckled, oblivious to my red, hot cheeks as she brought the same bitten piece to my mouth. I did the same as Zayn, biting it slowly. Trisha did the same, but this time. Letting me take a bite first. My cheeks are burning with embarrassment. Not because Zayn and I are sharing saliva or meal, it's because there are about hundreds of people watching us.

After Zayn and I sat down on the loveseat. I heard my dad's voice ring through the hall, making me perk up in my seat.

"Can I have your attention, please?" dad asked through the mike, politely.

"I'm Sajid, as you all know. Meera's father or uncle. Now I know our little Pray doesn't liked to be called Meera, but she can deal with it now. Its not like she's gonna murder me, not at this moment at least" he spoke, making everyone laugh. Including me.