CHAPTER SIX

It's been a month since the trip and my progress hasn't been constant. My thoughts keep going back to him every once in a while. But each night before going to sleep, there is one more thing that my mind reminisces- "very dark, lovely spark!"

I still recall that night under the constellation when the stranger spoke to me. The comforting silence and the loud whsipers. I just wish I could know who that guy was.

Today, my parents asked me to visit my dad's co worker's house with them. And like always, I'll get bored as no one of my age or at least close to my age will be there. I wore my casual clothes and grabbed my bag. I shoved my tablet in it and wore my spectacles.

On my way to the place, I looked down at my purse and got reminded of the incidents that had happened a month back. There were four people whom I wished to see once. The person who rescued my bag, the brother of the little girl, the guy at the corniche who I assume to be the same as the sibling of the girl and the stranger who didn't seem like one. I don't know if I'll ever be able to know these people but I just hope my curiosity regarding their existence decreases.

We reached our destination while I was habitually lost in thoughts. I locked the car and followed my parents into the house.

The couple welcomed us and asked me to go into the room where the kids were. I couldn't help but stare at them. Seriously? I'm not that young. I wish they have wifi because I had a conversation going on with Hannah which was left uncompleted. I responded the wife with a smile and stepped into the mentioned room. When I laid my eyes on the children inside, I realised that there were more families here. Good thing I was sent here or else I would have gotten more bored with the other women. There were many kids. Most of them were boys. My brother had tuitions as it was evening and that's why we didn't bring him along. I sat on one of the chairs on the corner. The wife brought some juice and cakes for the young annoying humans and for me as well. Annoying because they were just creating nuisance and nothing else.

After a while of using my tab, there was a knock on the door. The kids must have locked it. I got up and unlocked it. A small girl with a pony tail and dressed in a lovely frock cheekily smiled at me. I gazed at her face and exclaimed "you?" "Doctor?" She replied and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her as if I had found my long lost sister. She moved back and grabbed my hand. "How did you come here?" I asked her reluctantly. "By car" she replied and giggled. "What brought you here?" I questioned with an annoyed look.
"My parents" she answered and dragged me along with her. "Why did you come here?" I interrogated for the last time. "I don't know" she responded and shrugged her shoulders. I just narrowed my eyes at her and looked away. As soon as I did that, my vision locked at my bag which was being tormented by the various demons. Yes! They're devil because my bag was hanging upside down and my tab was stuck in the midst of the zipper. It was swinging between life and death. I left the girl's hand and ran to my bag. The monsters saw me approaching and threw it across the room. I shut my eyes tight and waited for the crashing sound. A second, two seconds and three seconds passed but there wasn't a noise apart from the bickering.

I gulped and turned back. Hoping that it landed on some matress which magically appeared but what I witnessed was even better. A tall guy was at the door with my bag in his hand. I couldn't see his face due to the bag. He gradually lowered it and I was awestruck. He smiled at me and glanced my belonging in his hands. I didn't know what to say. I stepped forward. He asked "is this yours?" "Of course or else why would I give that dramatic pause" I replied and immediately regretted it. He laughed and said "right" . "Thank you" I thanked him with the cutest smile I'm capable of. He blinked a few times and smirked. "Your welcome". I quickly examined his face. Light brown and big eyes, tense jawline, plump lips, brownish hair, good physique, killing smile and....wait! What?