CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Amarion
I stood by the door. Amour was in the next room. I had to get to her to confess my feelings but I was timid. My heart was under palpitation. My forehead was soaked with sweat. My stomach had butterflies. Literally, of all kinds. Just one step would change everything. The distance between us would disperse forever or maybe it'll get extensive. The colorful walls and fancy decorations encouraged me. Courageously, I stepped into the room. She was sitting there, staring out of the window. A lovely smile on her face. Her gaze wandering in the sky as if searching something. Maybe a companion? I gulped and sat beside her. She didn't notice my presence. I took advantage of the moment and glanced her flawless skin. It looked so soft and smooth. I willed to trace my fingers over it until my finger tips sense like it. The lavender top embraced her attractive body. I held her hand causing her attention to shift towards me. She gazed at me and our hands. I felt as if my inners were going to explode. This was the moment I've waited for all my life. "I really like you" I said shyly.

She just stared at me blankly. Her eyes seemed evacuated. No emotions. Slowly, the happy look turned to surprised and from surprised to angry. She flared her nostrils and moved her hand back. She swiftly slapped me in the face. All my feelings drained. My expectations shattered. My heart broke into pieces. My grin vanished. The vast colors on the walls turned grey and dull. I thought that her sensations were impeded by her past. But instead she incapacitated me with a sudden strike. How could she? Why did she? A painful cry escaped my quivering lips "Amour?"

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was on my bed asleep. It was a dream. No, a nightmare. Amour didn't hit me and she'd never do that. I know she has a romantic side buried deep within her. I will inundate her with affection. My endearment for her shall be ample.

I got off my bed and showered. I changed my clothes and went downstairs. Mom had already served the breakfast. I took a seat beside Jade. Lily smiled cheekily from across the table. I elbowed Jade in an unnoticeable manner. She responded with a mightier nudge causing me to spit the juice into the glass.

"Did you ask mom?" I whispered.

"Patience lover boy" she teased.

I sighed and looked over at mom. She was cheerfully talking to dad. Their eyes still flashing with love like I've seen since childhood. I envisaged it with Amour. It'd happen hopefully. Only if she doesn't disparage my adoration. The possibility of her mistaking my feelings for compassion, haunts me. I've seen the tenderness in her. She'll understand.

"Amarion?" Mom called me with concern.

"Yeah?" I responded immediately.

"You seem a little lost?" She reasoned and her question made me smile. Amour is my infatuation and I can't tell her. And if I do I'm afraid she'll take it as pity.

"Nothing. Just studies" I lied and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah. Studying pretty hard" Jade remarked in a dramatic tone. I so wanted to squeeze her neck. I wished she choked from the apple she was biting from. The devious thought alone made me smirk.

"Okay. I'm sure you'll pass with good grades" mom assured with an encouraging smile. I replaced the 'pass' as 'confess' and 'good grades' as 'success'.

I indulged myself in eating the breakfast when Jade spoke up. "Mom?" She called in a high pitched voice. I lowered my face to the extent where it was no longer visible. "Yes?" Mom responded while serving herself some omelet.

"You're going to cook french dishes tonight. So, I was wondering if I could call Amour for dinner" she requested in an innocent manner.

"Oh. She is sweet. You don't have to ask. But she has come to our house alone before. We can invite her parents to" mom said what I was willing to hear. In astonishment I stared at Jade. An accomplished look irradiated her face. I somewhat felt relieved.

Mom told that she'll invite them through a phone call. I quickly had my meal and went to my room to fetch my cellphone. A text from Amour highlighted the screen.

*it's okay* it read.

I decided against replying and waited for mother to call her parents first. I was hysterical. "I have to not appear agitated in front of Amour tonight" the precaution roamed my overwrought mind.

Amour

I was writing notes when the phone rang. I got up to answer but mom attended it. I sat back on the chair and continued penning. The essay on the lunar eclipse reminded me of the eyes I saw in the nightmare. Those pair of orbs were lifeless. Though the willingness to relive was manifest by her agonising plead. Her condition was traumatic. And I was the one from whom she asked aid. She was my harrowing body. Every piece of her was decaying. My soul was parted from it. "Eternal will rescue?" The words replayed in my mind like a whirlpool. Soul is immortal while the body is not. Then how is eternity supposed to help? I couldn't decide whether the dream was superficial or fatuous. It could be an outcome of my consistent comparison of the organic and spiritual. I sighed and scribbled the rest of the notes.

"Amour" mom called.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Your friend, Jade's mother called. We're invited at their house for dinner" she informed. No, we're acquaintances.

"Okay" I replied.

Meanwhile my inners brimmed with ecstasy. Dinner with Amarion's family and spending time with him! I'll get to listen him play and sing. And this time I'll defeat him in that inane assault game. I smiled and my mind flooded with the reminders of fun I could have at night. I completed my notes in a trice and searched my entire closet for an appropriate dress. I had to look presentable. Last time, it was a casual visit but this time, we're invited for dinner.

I chose a blue velvet top and black leggings. The sleeves were of net and I loved it.

I eagerly, waited for the night to approach. But Amarion didn't text me since morning. Maybe he was busy. I glanced at the paper on the table. The words still firm since the day I wrote them. I was glad that they helped me through the over thinking.

Finally, it was time to get ready.

I left most of my hair untied. Using a fancy hairpin, I made my long hair look neat. I applied lip gloss lightly and wore a silver necklace. The earings matched the top. They were navy and heart shaped. A blue bracelet and ash hued watch surrounded my both wrists. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and suddenly compared it to the one in my dream. Both of them held great difference. The present one was beautiful and lively whilst the other one was destroyed and dying.

I shook the contemplation out of my mind and texted Amarion *Very dark*

He responded soon with *Lovely spark*

I grinned and placed the mobile in my clutch. With one last look in the mirror, I headed for the car.

Dole has unanticipated plans for us. Good and bad. They either revitalise or bring the apocalyptic gloaming.