CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

"Where?" I asked her with reluctance.

"Just follow me. Don't ask questions.

"And grab your PJ's" she continued.

I stared at her for a while and then pulled my pink PJ's from my bag. Jade stood near the washroom. She lowered the handle and gestured me to come inside. I gave her a questioning look and headed for her.

"I hope you're sure of what ever you're doing" I said and sighed.

She rolled her eyes at me in response.

"You think I'm going to murder you?"  she asked as I gazed at the screwdriver in her hand.

"What else would a maniac, in a toilet with someone she has always been rude to and a screwdriver in her hand do?" I questioned back.

"You're exaggerating it" she replied after giving me an awkward stare.

I giggled. She moved to the other side and slid the curtain, revealing a hatch.

"This is what I brought you here for" she informed and knelt down while opening it with the help of the screwdriver.

"And is that my tomb?" I asked.

"No! Well would've been if you hadn't saved my life" she chuckled and answered.

"That's sweet and sarcastic of you" I replied and laughed along.

"Okay. So, you go in here and stay wherever it leads. Fine?" she apprised and waited for my approval.

"Hey? Where does it go?" I asked with surprise.

"You'll know and I'm sure you won't regret" she answered and smirked.

"Yeah. I'll regret if I'll be alive to" I snorted and looked at the opening.

"Come on now. I have to sleep" she whined.

"Fine! But if I get stuck inside there, you'll have to come get me" I warned and stepped inside the small tunnel.

"Yeah! Don't worry, I'll fetch your body before it starts rotting" she guffawed.

"Shut up or I'll bury you here" I shouted back and started moving.

The tunnel wasn't suffocating at all. I could see a bright light ahead of me. It was like a secret passage made for kids or big pets. I gradually moved with my back arched and kept looking behind me. I started to wonder if I had done the right thing by trusting Jade. What if it was an abandoned passage for dumping? I could end up in a pile of garbage. But then, I had saved her life, she wouldn't do that. But she is a maniac, why wouldn't she?

Busy in bewildering thoughts, I reached the end of the passage.

"Hey" a familiar voice greeted and I almost screamed.

I relaxed when I found out it was just Amarion. Why hadn't I thought it would be him?

"You scared me" I complained.

"I'm sorry. Here, let me help you out" he apologised and moved his hand forward. I held his hand and crawled out of the opening.

"You okay?" he asked.

"You're kidding me? I thought I was going to end up in a dumpster" I snapped.

"Oh! Didn't she tell you?" he asked while stroking my cheek.

"No, she just forced me to go" I stated and felt a little comfortable by his warm touch.

"I'm really very sorry. I told her to apprise you" he said with annoyance.

"It's okay. What's with this passage though?" I asked.

"Oh! When we were kids, we had pets. I had a cat and Jade had a puppy. But Jade used to stay sick most of the time and that's why mom decided to take the puppy away from her. He used to be in my room. She missed him a lot and I shared this problem with my uncle who had come to visit us. So, the next day he connected our rooms with this little tunnel which used to be an uncovered area between the windows. He told my parents that he was extending our bath area. Then every night, I'd send the puppy to Jade through this tunnel. And sometimes if we couldn't sleep, one would go to the other's room to play" He told with a smile on his face.

"You miss that time a lot" I said and kept my palm on his cheek.

"Yeah. I miss my cat and Jade's dog. They were like my best pals" he said in a low voice.

"Did they?" I asked with confusion.

"Yeah they died. Six months after this passage was made Bruno died and a couple of months later Whiskers passed away" his Adam's apple bobbed.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"I decided not to have any pets since" he said sadly.

I moved closer and engulfed him into a hug. He embraced me back tightly and kissed on my cheek.

"I have to change" I apprised as I pulled away.

"So?" he asked.

I gazed at him.

"You want me to go out?" he questioned playfully. It was crazy how he could shift moods so swiftly.

"Yes" I nodded.

He gave me dramatic hurt look and walked out of the washroom.

I kept my PJ's on the laundry basket and was about to lift my top.

"Are you sure?" Amarion peeped from behind the door and asked.

I almost jumped and threw a towel at him, the nearest object I could reach. He quickly retreated.

"Very" I yelled.

"Dark?" he asked, once again peeping.

"I'm going to set you on lovely sparks" I shouted and headed for the door.

He chuckled and moved away as I closed the door.

"Stay out" I growled.

"You stay in or may be return to Jade's room" he joked.

"I'd rather stay in" I replied and laughed.

"Change quick and come out. I'll be waiting" he said as he chuckled.

"Yeah" I responded and beamed.

He wasn't just my lover but also my best friend. I smiled to myself as I heard the echoes of his laugh in my ears. Every word of his submerged me further into his love. He was perfection to me.

I brought myself out of my thoughts and reached for my clothes. After I was done changing, I stood in front of the door and closed my eyes.

The butterflies winged ferociously in my stomach. My heartbeat was like the wrathful wave of the ocean, hitting the shore rapidly. My breath had become a wild wind.

I was too euphoric. I was going to spend the night with Amarion. It was like a dream.

I gradually opened the door and found Amarion smiling at me with 'buddy' in his hands.