CHAPTER EIGHT

I went back home after half an hour. I kept thinking about Amarion. Although he was good looking, he didn't seem to be proud about his looks at all. Or mostly guys start flirting and bragging about themselves. He seemed so different. I wanted to meet him again and again. He made me happy. Atleast for a few minutes, I was able to get the mortifying thoughts out of my baffled mind. Per contra, his sister was extremely annoying. I couldn't be rude towards her but the way she boasted and interrogated about boys, it was unbearable. She is about my age but a bit immature. I'm not the judgemental type but I disliked her on the very first encounter.

My eyes shifted to the bag suspended on the peg behind the door. I couldn't stop smiling. How many times we both were at the same place but couldn't meet. I'm not sure if it is a sign or mere co incedence.

My phone buzzed. I closed my eyes tight because I knew from whom that text was. I reached out for my phone.

*Heyya* Said the message from an unknown number.

*Hey* I replied.

*Awake yet?* The phone vibrated again within seconds.

*No! I'm texting while sleeping* I responded with annoyance.

*Oh! Hehe* she messaged.

*Just kidding. I was about to sleep. Good night Jade* I texted and waited for her to text back. In order to see it and ignore. I was being unlike myself.

*Sleep well then. She is annoying. I agree* flashed across the screen. I gulped. It wasn't Jade who was texting. I locked my phone and sighed.

*Sorry! I thought it is Jade* I apologised.

*Haha that's what I've been wondering that why you're shooing me off?* he replied and that brought an immediate smile across my face.

* I'm really sorry. She is a bit irritating* I texted back.

*Of course she is. Don't apologise :) * Amarion replied and I could imagine his smiling face.

*So? She gave you my number?* I asked curiously.

*No. I happened to sneak in to her cell ;) * he answered.

*XD you didn't* I replied.

*Oh yes I did* he responded.

My smile was growing wider with every message and my sleep was fading away.

* The bag is staring at me* I messaged.

*Oh! It must be jealous* he typed and sent.

* Why?* I questioned.

* I'm its saviour ;) * he joked.

*obviously you are* I replied.

For a moment I felt as if I was chatting with him and not with some other guy. I missed our late night conversations and how he would text repeatedly that "I'm going offline" but would still be replying. How I longed for those "good night" wishes. I'm immensely incomplete without him.

The phone vibrated and fell on my chest. "Ouch" I exclaimed. I bit my lip when I witnessed six messages from Amarion. He had been waiting for my reply and I was busy recalling the past.

*I'm so sorry* I texted.

* You fell asleep?* he messaged.

*kind of* I replied.

*it's ok. GOOD NIGHT AME* he wished.

*talk to you in the morning. GOOD NIGHT AMARION* I greeted him back.