CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX

Almost a month passed and Amarion had already qualified for the finals. Since the day the show was being aired, I didn't miss a single moment of it. I even watched repeat telecasts.

Even if I didn't know Amarion, I would have found his voice the best. He did have tough competitors but it was apparent that Amarion would win it. I was so confident but he wasn't.

"I just sing for you Amour. I am doing this show for you. And don't be so confident, I may not win. The others are getting better day by day. They even take lessons. I am just novice compared to them" he rambled and I rolled my eyes.

"If you were in front of me right now, I would have shut your mouth with my lips" I replied with annoyance.

"Oh! I wish I was there and not on the other side" he responded and giggled.

"I know, you'll win. I mean look at the judges, they're still nervous. Even after a month" I said and he chuckled.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. You know, anything can happen" he replied in a low voice.

"I know but you'll still be the winner to me" I replied softly.

"I love you babe" he cooed.

"I love you too" I grinned.

"By the way, they're so many female fans of mine" he teased and I stuck my tongue out.

"So what?" I chuckled.

"Doesn't bother you?" He questioned.

"Why should it? I know you love me" I replied and he awed.

"Oh! Did your dad speak to my father?" I asked as I remembered what Amarion had told me a day before.

"Yeah, I told him to call in the morning. He must've done by now" he replied and I hummed.

"I hope he says yes" I sighed.

"He will, don't worry" Amarion assured me.

Just then I heard the door bell.

"I think dad is home. Talk to you later sweetheart" I said with hurry.

"Okay. Love you and take care" he replied and I said a quick 'love you too' and hung up.

"Hello daddy" I greeted as my father came inside the house. He handed me the bag of groceries.

"How was your day?" I asked as I peeped in the bags.

"As usual" he replied while he removed his socks.

"Oh! Your friend, Jade, her father called" dad said and my heart beated faster.

"What did he say?" I asked as innocently as I could.

"He had planned a family outing for his son's success celebration. He invited us" he said and I stared at him for his decision.

"So, what did you say?" Mom asked as she joined us in the living area.

"Why not?" He asked and I gaped my eyes.

"We're going?" I questioned to confirm and he nodded.

My soul was literally capering inside me. If someone looked closer into my eyes they would notice. But I didn't want anyone to so, I went to my room.

I dumped the grocery bag on the kitchen counter while I was on my way to my room.

I closed the door and jumped with joy. I was super excited. I quickly grabbed my cellphone and texted Amarion.

*It's a YES * I typed and waited for his reply.

*Great! Start packing right away* he replied and I beamed from ear to ear.