CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

"Look at you! Are you okay dear?" Amarion's mom headed towards me and held my hand.

"Yes, I'm much better now" I smiled weakly.

"I'm glad. All you kids are fine" she said.

"Amarion is doing well now" Amarion's father replied to my father who were having a conversation.

I nodded at Amarion's mom who seemed happy and relieved. I felt relaxed too after hearing the words of Amarion's dad. Jade stood at the door and beamed at me. I responded with a smile.

"When are they going to discharge you?" Amarion's mom asked me.

"Tomorrow" I replied.

"Oh! Your father is staying here?" She questioned.

"Yes, he said so" I answered unsure.

"Would you mind if I stay here with Amour?" Amarion's mom asked my dad.

I looked at my dad who appeared confused.

"You have a son to look after aswell. Would it be possible for you?" My dad questioned.

"Yes, sure. We all are staying here for tonight. I also happen to be friends with most of the staff here" she assured gleefully.

"Okay but talk to her mom first" my dad replied while looking at me. I could see how worried he was.

Amarion's mom talked to my mother and reduced her stress.

"I'll be here with her. Don't worry" she reassured and soon hung up.

"She sounded really anxious" Amarion's mom said.

I was glad that she was less apprehensive after having a word with Amarion's mom.

Shortly, my dad left. He asked me to be careful and thanked the couple before leaving.

Amarion's parents behaviour clearly conveyed that they knew nothing about what had happened. After a little chit chat, Amarion's mom told that she'd sleep in my ward and Jade will stay with Amarion.

Amarion's dad left with my father and didn't return since. My mother called one last time before sleeping.  Amarion's mom slept on the couch. She seemed tired. But I had fallen asleep earlier and didn't feel like sleeping again.

The first kiss we had flashed in my mind. The imagination was vivid in the dark room. I could feel him touching my lips with his. The sparks ignited inside me and his warmth caressed my body. But it lasted for a few moments. I was missing Amarion badly. I needed him. But how was I supposed to get to him? I had over heard Amarion's dad saying that he was in the ward down the hallway. Maybe, I could sneak out and look for him. I tried getting up and surprisingly, my body cooperated well although my wounds still hurt a little. I tiptoed to the door. I checked the time and it was 1:30 AM. I opened the door slowly while keeping an eye on Amarion's mom. She was fast asleep. I peeped outside and the hallway seemed empty. Gradually, I stepped outside and walked ahead. There were too many rooms and I had no idea which to enter. They didn't even put names outside. After a while of searching, I heard someone coming. A nurse emerged from one of the rooms and walked to the opposite side. I quickly hid behind a nearby trolley. I disclosed myself once she was gone. I traipsed ahead for a while but had no luck. I decided to return and headed for my ward. In the midst of the way I heard a familiar ring tone. I knew exactly to whom it belonged.

I reached for the door and lowered the handle. As I opened it Jade almost jumped on her chair.

"What are you doing here?"  She exclaimed.

"I came to see Amarion" I replied and looked over at him while closing the door.

"Oh! Does mom know?" She asked.

"Of course not" I answered and noticed her cellphone on the ground. "She was asleep. By the way, you dropped your phone" I continued.

"Oh yes I did" she replied and bent to pick her phone.

"Sorry, I seem to have startled you" I apologised.

"No, it's okay. In fact thank you for saving us" she said out of the blues.

"No need for that" I smiled.  Then suddenly,  an idea struck me."Can you do me a favour?" I asked.

"Yeah sure" she replied.

"Can you pretend to be me. I mean lay on my bed till 5" I suggested.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"No one will know. I'll stay here" I assured her.

"How are you so sure?" She questioned with her left eyebrow raised.

"You're mom looks very tired and won't wake up before the alarm she had set and as for your dad, where is he?" I reasoned.

"Gone home with Lily. We had guests" she answered.

"Perfect!" I cried. She stared at me blankly and then suddenly beamed. "Okay, okay!" She almost shouted.

"Shush! You'll wake him up" I hushed. "Sorry" she whispered. She gestured at the cellphone resting on the table. "Give me a call or I'll call you when we have to return to our original places" she instructed rather excitedly.

I nodded in agreement and she hugged me before leaving.

"Good night" she greeted and closed the door.

Her behaviour was really suspicious but least of my concern. I was with Amarion and that's what mattered. I ambled to him and knelt down just like I had done in the operation theatre. He seemed like an angel. His plump lips slightly parted and his dreamy eyes closed, hiding a whole new world behind them. His hair rested on his forehead, making him more adorable. His breathing was gentle and his countenance appeared relaxed. And watching him asleep was like watching a fairyland. I could sit and watch him for an eternity and still wouldn't be able to get enough.  He was beautiful. And I couldn't believe he was mine. What good deed had I ever done to be bestowed by his love? I possibly, couldn't recall any. Yet I was very grateful to dole for giving me someone like him.

Finally, I'd be living through new idylls and not just reminiscing the old ones.