CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

I kissed him with every littlest piece of love I had for him. No matter how much I tasted his lips and allowed him to taste mine, it didn't feel enough. He did far more than I deserved. I felt like I had to become worth his efforts. And all I could give him was myself. For which I would never hesitate. Amarion proved that he deserved me, deserve wouldn't even be the right word. No eloquence would be compatible for his description. He made me feel that he was the one I should submit myself to. Unlike last time, where I had given everything in return for nothing.

"Are you happy?" he asked me. And that one question was the one I had been yearning to be asked. I was told countless times by my past love to be happy but I was never asked if I was.

"Yes, I am happy" I answered whilst looking into his eyes of profundity. And with that answer I felt myself plummeting in his love more than ever before.

"I'll make sure you never become sad again" he brought me closer and whispered. He had become the angel of my happiness, the guardian of my heart and the freedom of my love.

"You are my happiness" I said in a hushed tone, still holding the dreamy eye contact.

He smiled in return because he already knew. That was the beauty of our relation, we loved each other equally. No heart was dominant over the other. Our adoration was of the same depth.

"I didn't know your house had a library" I said as I looked around the big shelves filled with books. Each one calling me to read its story.

"Well, we all are book worms. Except Jade of course" he answered. I giggled.

"I am a book worm too" I said with a smile.

"I know" he whispered and smirked.

"How?" I questioned in reluctance.

"I know more about you than you think I do" he replied and kissed my forehead.

"I am glad" I muttered softly and planted a kiss on his neck.

"There is something for you" he said and held my hand.

"What?" I questioned because I was already overwhelmed with all the surprises. I didn't know what to expect next.

He took me to the heart of books he had made on the shelf. He gestured me to sit where the petals were scattered. He handed me the box that I had noticed earlier and asked me to stay still.

He then placed a table at a distance and placed his cellphone on it. I at once knew what he was doing.

"We never took a picture together" he informed as he walked to me.

"Seriously" I exclaimed, realising that I had forgotten to capture our moments.

"Pose like you want" he said in my ear as he sat down beside me.

"Sure" I said and placed my lips on his with a click sound following.

"I am liking this" he said and I shyly looked away.

He gestured me to open the box and I squealed when I saw what was in it - chocolates!

"Oh my God! I love you Amarion" I exclaimed and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, which was captured by the camera.

He took a piece of chocolate and gestured me to open my mouth. He softly placed it in while the camera clicked another picture.

I imitated him and a photograph was taken that way.

We laughed, talked, kissed, hugged and posed naturally for every photograph. But the last picture was special and the best. We stood with our foreheads against each other and my arms wrapped around his neck. His hands were on my waist and the big heart was on the background. The petals scattered on the floor, around our feet and the scented candles illuminated.

"When did you do all of this? " I asked as we were done taking pictures.

"A few things at night and a few in the day" he answered with ease.

"All of this isn't a piece of cake. It must've been so difficult to arrange this" I exclaimed while gazing at the shelf.

"Anything for you my dear" he said softly.

"When did you write the song?" I questioned with its melody reverberating in my mind.

"A few days back when I was missing you very badly" he replied with a sad smile.

"Aw! I'll never be able to thank you enough" I confessed and ran my finger on his jawline.

"This is just a way to express my love for you and love isn't something to be thanked for. Love is the only thing equal to love" he reasoned as he placed his palm on my cheek.

"So, you want love in return?" I asked with a wink.

"I know that I already have it" he smirked.

I gazed into his eyes and felt how the cracks in my heart were filled with his adoration, as if they were never there. And the fragments were framed back as they never broke. The pain had flee for good.

"Can I read some books then?" I asked excitedly.

"Sure but not just you, we'll read some" he responded with a beam.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed and hugged him.

"You're so adorable when you're energetic" he giggled.

"Oh! Sorry, did I squeeze you too hard?" I apologised while pulling away.

"Squeeze you too hard?" He repeated, pretending to be guileless.

"Umm. Nothing" I said and looked away shyly.

He raised his eyebrow at me, taking cognizance of my reaction.

"Where are your favourites?" I asked while wandering my eyes around the library, in an attempt to change the topic.

"On that corner by the window" he gestured.

"Okay" I said and was about to move when he grabbed my hand and brought me closer. My heart beated wildly.

He pecked my lips and whispered in my ear "I will take you there".

He chuckled as he saw the look on my face.

"It's not funny" I whined.

"Okay! Sorry babe" he said while giggling.

"I am reading alone" I said and stomped childishly.

"Wait for me" he quickly followed me.

I kept moving while holding back my laughter.