CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN

"We're here" Sean announced as he pulled the car off road.

I quickly retreated to my sitting posture. Amarion imitated me and wrapped his arm around my back. I curiously looked out through the window. The sunlight had diminished but the scene ahead had a shine of its own.

On the left side there was a large field and in the midst was a fenced area with a barn. A road on the right side led behind the patch of trees. It looked like small woods. Sean drove the car on to the road on the side.

"That grass field around the barn is so beautiful" I whispered to Amarion.

"Believe me honey, this is the least beautiful scene here" he replied and I gazed at him in wonderment.

He pointed at the large farm house that came to sight and I awed at its beauty.

"We're staying there" he told and my jaw dropped.
"You didn't tell me that before?" I asked and he smirked.

"What did I tell you then?" He asked innocently.

"That we may have to sleep in the stables" I replied embarrassingly and he chuckled.

"You actually believed that?" He questioned while guffawing.

"It's not funny okay?" My face turned red and I playfully punched him.

"You believed it" he repeated and laughed.

"How could I not?" I asked and hit him hardly on the arm.

He gradually stopped laughing and pulled me closer.

"Why couldn't you?" He asked with a sheepish green.

"I trust you completely. No matter how stupid you sound" I replied and emphasised the word 'stupid'.

"Really?" He asked and I laughed.

"You mean to say I am stupid?" He questioned playfully and I nodded with a beam.

"What?" He asked with gaped eyes.

"I meant no" I chuckled.

"I know what you meant" he said and tried tickling my belly.

"Try your best! You can't just do that" I said calmly and he looked at me with amusement.

"So, you can't be tickled there?" He asked and I nodded proudly.

"But there must be some place where I can tickle you" he murmured to himself.

"Tell me?" He asked innocently.

"Why will I? I am not stupid like you" I teased him and he frowned.

"But I'll find it" he replied dramatically.

"Best of luck" I winked and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You two! Get ready to leave the car" Jade yelled as the car stopped.

"Yeah" Amarion yelled back.

"We will continue this" he said through gritted teeth and I tried my best to play along but I couldn't control my laughter.

I nodded and giggled. His serious expression broke into a breathtaking smile and he leaned in to peck my lips.

I kissed on his cheek while holding his arm as he was moving to the middle seat. He smiled at me sweetly and left the car.

I woke Lily and Abraham to get inside the house. Once I told them we had arrived, they energetically jumped out of the car as if they weren't asleep at all.