CHAPTER TWENTY

Amour

The sky was brimming with stars. Each of them shining like the brightest of diamonds. The black roof of nature was irradiated by the self produced light of the stars. Each corner of the extensive dark vault of heaven gleamed with white rays. My vision was locked at the alluring azure. I felt free and lively. The sparkle of the heavenly bodies touched my soul through my eyes. There wasn't anything else that could compare to the beauty of the dazzling ether. My feet moved themselves to get me closer to the coruscating view ahead. My hand slipped from Amarion's. The scintillating orbs reminded of the day when Amarion and I were at the opposite balconies. The starry sky  above us and our sharing of words. Back then I never thought that I'll be witnessing the glittering of the upper levels with the same stranger again and also that the next time he won't be anonymous.

I moved to my right and something in the corner reflected the light. The prepossessing guitar rested on the chair. A smile appeared on my face and I glimpsed Amarion and then above me.

"A captivating night can be enhanced with enchanting singing" I said while shifting my gaze from the sky to the vermilion guitar.

"Surely" Amarion replied with a smile and headed for the instrument. I looked around and was overwhelmed by the manner the shimmer surrounded the small area. I felt like I was dreaming, a wonderful dream.

Soft music reached my ear and I at once turned to see. Amarion moved his fingertips on the strings of the exquisite guitar. The harmonious melody made the atmosphere perfect. His gaze was locked at the sky and then his lips parted to elope the lyrics.

"It is just another night and I'm staring at the moon" he began singing in his appealing voice.

"Saw a shooting star and thought of you" he continued. I gazed at him and listened to his graceful crooning.

"I sang a lullaby by the waterside and knew, if you were here, I'd sing to you" he intoned while looking at me. We held eye contact for a while but I looked away.

" You're on the other side as the skyline splits in two.I'm miles away from seeing you. I can see the stars from America I wonder, do you see them, too?" He carolled whilst shifting his gaze from the me to the sky. His voice was more sentimental than last time. As if an emotion was concealed deep within it.

" So open your eyes and see the way our horizons meet and all of the lights will lead into the night with me and I know these scars will bleed. But both of our hearts believe all of these stars will guide us home" he sang unlike he had before. The lyrics and tone flooded with vehemence. He kept on playing the guitar and concluded the song in the midst. I looked at him in bafflement.

He set the guitar aside and walked to me. He stopped in front of me and towered my short figure. His eyes flashed with confidence and his face was sombre.

"Amour?" He said in a low voice.

"Hm?" I managed to say.

"You said that day on the phone call that you don't think you can fall in love again. I want to know is it true? Do you really feel that way?" He questioned me out of the blues. His eyebrows furrowed and he lowered his head.

"I...don't know" I stammered unsure of what to reply.

"Think and answer" he said seriously.

"I said I'm not sure" I replied with little audacity.

"Yes or no?" He clenched his jaw and asked through gritted teeth.

I stared into his eyes blankly. I've never seen them ignited with anger. I've always witnessed the delicate and delight spark in them. But what was that wrath for?