CHAPTER ONE

There I was again, staring out of the car window and watching the tall trees run by. I was lost in thoughts with my elbow on the door panel and my hand underneath my chin. The night sky was darker than usual without the twinkling stars. The vehicle was increasing its pace as if chatting with the winds. It seemed impossible to picture the road in a still position.

The street lights came to an end and the path turned quiet. Soon the stars appeared whilst shining the brightest.

My gloomy face revealed a smile at the sight. I gazed at the beauty. For once my thoughts came to a rest. I felt normal and amused. From the smallest to the largest diamonds pierced into the black velvet, each one brightened the dullness in my eyes.

My lips stretched into a smile and my eyes glittered. "Aww your smile" those words wandered in my mind. He adored my smile and because of him I got to know how beautiful it was. He was stroking my cheek with his right hand and we both were smiling at each other. The same kind of gleam was in our eyes as I had in mine at the sight of the coruscating ether. We spoke nothing just allowed the silence to fill the space between us. After a while I parted my lips to speak "What if".

"What are you doing?" my younger brother yelled and diverted my attention.

"I asked you to roll down the windows" he yelled again.

I felt something smooth on my fingers. I turned my head to see what it was.

"Aah" I exclaimed.

I realised that instead of grabbing and rolling the lowering handle, I was consistently pulling the door handle. Thankfully the door was locked or else I would have opened it while the car was speeding on a highway.

I giggled nervously and sat properly. I looked over at my dad who was driving and mom in the passenger's seat.

What was I doing? I got so carried away that I almost killed myself. "I should think about something else or maybe try to sleep for a while" I thought to myself.

"What happened? Where is your attention? " my mom asked in a worried tone.

"Nothing" I replied and then murmured to myself "if only you knew".

The three of them laughed it away but I really felt silly. I grabbed my bag and moved my hand around in it searching for my earphones. As soon as I got hold of them, I pulled them out and plugged them into my cellphone. I pressed play and the song which played was one of my favourites. I've been listening to Demi Lovato ever since I walked into the fork in my road of romance.

"I hate you, don't leave me".

I felt a burn in my chest when I heard those lines and slow background music. Her voice had so much pain. It felt as if the song was just made for me.

" 'Cause I love when you kiss me".

I closed my eyes and the images of his pinkish heart shaped lips flashed. The most beautiful ones I had ever seen. How much I wanted to kiss him but my nervousness held me back. Before pecking them, I gazed at their beauty. I felt ashamed of my light pink and thin lips. My cheeks blushed and I touched mine with his but I also moved away quickly. He threw his head back and hummed in dissatisfaction.

"Just hear me out before you run away 'cause I can't take this pain" .

I sang along and pulled myself out of the flashback. It felt wonderful and regretful both at the same time. I sang in a low voice so only I was able to hear. It's not like my voice was horrible, in fact I sang good. I just felt shy doing that out loud. My brother heared me singing at the top of my lungs almost everyday. So, he ain't the one I was uncomfortable practicing my vocals around but my parents. I found it awkward to reveal my capabilities to my parents. Although they should be the first ones to know. I did love them but I didn't share much things with them. I usually held my emotions inside. My friends were the only ones to know about my feelings. My parents were unaware of my life. Well I kept them so.