CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

(Finally! The upcoming chapters are the ones I've been waiting to write since I started this book. Enjoy!!)

Amarion

I gave my excited sisters a remorseful look. Jade cracked a smile and reached for Lily's hand. Both of them headed to the female section. I stood in my position when a grumpy man with an overflowing trolley bumped into me. He cursed me a few times and walked away. I felt like kicking his ass with a spiked shoe.

After a lot of struggle I found a place where I could wait for my sisters. Little did I know that a group of girls were present there, ready to flirt. Some of them winked at me and the others bit their lip while eyeing me inappropriately.

These girls just saw me and began flirting brazenly while Amour was confused to be with me. She is so different. That is what I like about her. Her individuality.

I grew disgusted from the shameless brats and decided to head to the men's section. Perhaps, there wouldn't be any females there.

I rolled my eyes at the girls and approached the staircase. They whispered something to each other. But I didn't care. If there is any girl who owns my heart, it is Amour.

Amour

I had no idea that there was a sale going on or else I would've chosen another mall. The waiting line at the cashier was very long. I quickly pulled out the list from my bag and planned the route. The fastest way to the cutlery section would be through the female's clothing category. I rushed to the desired side. The customers were frenzy. Neither of them cared for the other. A crazy man hit me with his brimming trolley resulting in an injury in my ankle. I somehow managed to walk to the stools ahead of me. I sat on one of the stool and examined my foot. It was bleeding slightly and swelled. I cursed the man under my breath and searched for bandage in my bag.

"You're hurt?" A familiar voice asked. I moved my head to the person and a pleasant smile crossed my face. "Lily? How are you?" I asked and hugged her. "I'm fine but you need a doctor" she replied sweetly. "It is just a bruise. I don't require a doctor" I giggled and pinched her nose. "That day in the park you helped me. Today I'll put the band aid for you" she apprised and shoved her hand into my bag to look for a bandage. She found one and knelt down to apply it on my ankle. She unpacked and covered the cut with it using her little fingers. "Done!" She exclaimed and stood up. "Did that hurt?" She asked with concern and furrowed her eyebrows in an adorable way. "Not at all! Thank you dear doctor" I replied in a pitched voice. She laughed and sat beside me. "Where are the others?" I asked. Just then Jade appeared from behind the clothing shelves.

"Hey" I greeted. She seemed surprised at first but responded in a low voice "hi". She sat on the chair next to Jade's. "She got hurt and I helped her with the bandage" Lily informed Jade with excitement. "Oh! Are you okay?" Jade asked while looking at my bruised skin. "Yes, it is just a minor injury caused by a maniac who tried running over me with a trolley but failed" I mumbled and laughed. Jade chuckled.

She swung her legs back and forth and gazed down. "I'm sorry" she said out of the blues. I glanced at her in surprise. "I shouldn't have yelled at you that way. It was between you both and I had no right to interfere" she trailed on. "It's okay" I assured her and smiled. "No, it's not. I was just furious that you dumped my brother" she reasoned but I spoke out, disallowing her to say further. "I didn't dump him. I've came out of my very first relationship and I don't want to rush things. That's it. I fear losing loved ones because it hurts like hell" I clarified her assumption and sighed. "I can understand. Sorry again" she apologised with a small smile. I smirked and nodded.

Suddenly the lights went out. "What the?" Jade exclaimed and Lily screamed. "It's okay" I hushed Lily and brought her closer to me. "What's going on?" Jade questioned loudly. Distant commotion could be heard. "No idea" I answered and remained seated.

A ruffling sound echoed from the speakers and then an urgent announcement was made. "There is a fire on the upper floor due to a short circuit. Please move to the emergency exit and...." a beeping noise followed and the announcer went mute. The fire alarms started ringing and people shouted with panic. "Now what?" Jade asked in a trembling voice. "We should go to the exit" I answered and took Lily in my arms. "Okay but which way?" Jade questioned frantically. "There is one on the right. Use your cellphone's flashlight to light the way" I said in a hurry and rushed to the emergency door. Jade grabbed my arm and Lily buried herself in my chest. On the way a lot of fearful voices were heard. Someone swore out loud while someone cried for help. The entire place was invaded by darkness. Scattered things and running feet could be seen when Jade flashed the torch. I could feel my shirt soaking with Lily's tears. "We'll get out" I murmured whilst pressing my lips to her head. "How further?" Jade asked while tightening her grip on my arm. "We're almost there" I informed out of breath. She continously ignited the way with her cellphone. Then something gleaming caught my eye. "There!" I yelled and pointed. "Thank God!" Jade clamoured. Surprisingly, there wasn't anyone near this door. I put Lily down and struggled to unlock the door. With great difficulty, the exit opened. I breathed in relief and picked Lily back into my arms. "Let's move out" I said and stepped out but Jade stopped. "What is it?" I asked with worry. She stood still and gulped. "Jade?" I yelped while Lily kept crying against my chest.

"Amarion is upstairs" she quivered.

Her words knocked the air out of me. I stared at her in disbelief. The fire had started in the upper floor. Is Amarion even safe?

"How do you know?" I questioned with extreme fret.

"He left us here and then I saw him on the staircase later" she apprised in a shaky voice.

He is all alone surrounded by fire. I can't leave him. I can't just save my own life and not even try to aid him. I handed Lily to Jade. "Go" I commanded and gestured at the door. "But what about you?" She asked with anxiety. "I'll get Amarion" I replied serenely. "You're insane! There is no way you can come out of there alive" she cried out of perturbation. "Jade! I'm not getting out of here without him. I can't just leave him like that" I responded soberly. "No, please.." she stammered. "Take Lily out of here and I promise I won't return without him" I gazed into her tearful eyes and assured her. "Be safe" she said and hugged me. Lily caught my hand and requested "don't go". "I'll get your brother" I answered and kissed her forehead. I slightly pushed them out of the door and once they were out, I pulled out my cellphone and used the light to escort my way to the staircase.

The hullabaloo was louder near the main entrance. Surprisingly, the area closer to the stairs seemed evacuated. The sudden black out must've caused a stampede. Luckily, Jade and Lily are safe. I have to find Amarion and leave soon. I silently prayed he was alright because I can't bear another loss.

I reached the ascender and gazed at it with the help of the little light from my mobile. The upper area was visibly filled with smoke. Making it appear darker. I bit my lip and encouraged myself. It's now or never. The guy who adores me is stuck up there. I have to get him out. Audaciously, I stepped on the first stair.

Thantophobia is abstract until it is given dominion.