CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT

(A/N) Sadly, this is going to be the last chapter in Amarion's point of view. Enjoy!!

Amarion

Before it got too dark, I took Amour back to the others. She rambled on the way about how much she loved the surprise. I was glad that I could make her happy. She had given me so much love and she had given it to others too. Didn't she deserve at least some of it in return? I wanted to give all I could to her. She had made my life beautiful in every way. She had given me a purpose to exist.

I pecked her lips and placed a soft kiss on her hand before we came in sight of everyone else. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get close to her till bedtime.

I sat with Sean in the living area. We spoke about the show. It was getting tougher and I feared breaking Amour's heart. Even though she had told me that no matter if I won or lose, I'd be the winner to her, I didn't want to lose. I knew how much it meant to her. She willed to see me triumphant. I was trying my best to perform the best yet anything could happen.

I even tried speaking to Amour's father to make him like me. Well, I couldn't say if I had succeeded but I hadn't failed either.

Amour's mother was already pleased with my manners. She praised about me to mom while mom praised Amour. I found their conversation funny for I could see how hard mom was trying to make her think about Amour and I together.

After the outdoor games and dinner, everyone retreated to their rooms to sleep but Sean insisted me to stay outside and talk about 'things'.

I wanted to spend time with Amour but I couldn't be rude to him. I didn't understand why he chose to be with me than Jade. They could have spent time together as well.

Sean just rambled randomly and I had to sit in patience just for the sake of our friendship. I started suspecting if it was his and Jade's plan to keep Amour and me apart for the night.

"In that case, he'd be dead" I thought to myself.

"Dude" he said as he gazed at the screen of his cellphone.

"Yeah?" I looked at him with irritation.

"Jade wants us to come inside" he replied.

"Finally" I murmured with relief.

"What?" He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I said okay" I lied and he shook his head.

I looked up at the sky, the stars were coruscating like they did each year at that night. Even though my life had changed, that didn't mean everything had. Some things would remain same.

"Come on" Sean yelled from the door and I sighed.
We went upstairs and I tiptoed to my room. Sean followed me.

"Go to your room" I ordered with annoyance.

He faced the door of his room and opened it. He smiled at me sheepishly and closed the door.

I rolled my eyes at him. I never understood why he was my best friend and a bigger question was what had Jade seen in him?

I lowered the handle of the door and it gradually opened. The room was pitch black. I couldn't see a thing.

"Hey?" I tried looking around but it was too dark.

"Surprise" voices yelled in unison and all the lights turned on.

I almost freaked out.

"What?" I exclaimed and rubbed my eyes as the sudden light had blinded me.