CHAPTER SIXTY

Moon, highway, music, stars and love. Breeze capering with my hair, his hands holding me tight against him. A constellation in the eyes and a sky of kisses spreading all over me. Voices became breaths and breaths became voices. My soul conquering my body and my heart taking over my mind. Slowly, submerging into his addiction. But before drowning, I opened my eyes for one last look. But he wasn't my present. A mist from the past. My gore froze and my vision paused. Eclipse, dead end, screams, snow and pain.

I opened my eyes and breathed heavily.

"Amour?" Amarion looked at me worried.

I sighed when I realised that it was just a dream. But still how could I see it?

"Babe?" His gentle voice called out to me.

"Just a nightmare" I replied and tried to calm myself.

Without uttering a word he took me in his embrace. The sound of his heart beat faded the horror from my veins. The shock and anguish were overcome by his warmth and care.

I gradually pulled away and looked up at him. He placed his hand on my cheek, gazing down into my eyes.

"You have nothing to fear" he whispered. In his eyes, I saw a guardian willing to protect me with his life. It was something more than I had expected. But the sight of it assured me that I would never have to face a fear alone.

"I know" I replied in a hushed tone. My words made it manifest that I had complete faith in him and it would never reduce to a wraith.

He smiled as if telling me that he knows too. He covered the curve of my lips with his. My eyes closed and the sweet memories from the night before, flashed forth. His hands moved to my waist and he slipped his tongue into my mouth. The taste of it made me feel so free and whole. As if molten gold dripped from it to fill the little cracks I had, making me stronger than before.

"Ghosts, ghouls, aliens or zombies. Fear nothing" he said and I laughed.

"Nothing like that" I replied, wishing I could tell him the truth. But perhaps it would make him take two steps away. I didn't want to hurt him by telling that I had relived our moments from yesterday in my dream with my ex.

I had thought the stains had washed away but they spattered all over me again. Why couldn't the past stay behind where it belonged? Why?

"Hey" Amarion whispered.

I hummed in response and he beamed.

"I was watching you sleep" he said and placed the strand of hair behind my ear.

"And?" I asked happily.

"I had never seen anything more beautiful" he replied and kissed my forehead.

"Stole it again" I said and he giggled.

"I'll keep doing that until I live" he rested his forehead against mine.

"Do you need your t shirt back?" I asked while chortling.

"That would be kind" he replied and pulled it over my head.

"You should go" he whispered in my ear after placing countless wet kisses on my neck.

I nodded and pecked his lips. I wore my top from the day before and went to Jade's room.

I unwillingly took a shower. As the water ran down my body it didn't seem as soothing as it used to. If there was anything that could feel comforting against my skin, it was Amarion's fingers. I smiled at the random memories and stood still, allowing the warm water to spread on my body. It could wash away his traces from my body but there was nothing that could erase his touch from my heart. I looked down at my body as I dried it. I ran my fingers over the birth mark.