CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

I found my bag at the door of Jade's room. I hadn't talked to her and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to but after I saw her, it didn't seem like. She was furious and her room was a mess.

"Are you cleaning?" I asked while looking at her.

"Yes, and the only garbage here is that bag of yours" she retorted.

"What's wrong?" I questioned calmly.

"You" she flared her nostrils.

"Jade, I mean no harm to you" I said and she sniggered.

"I can see that very well. But you know what? This is not where you belong. You are Amarion's girlfriend and not my friend or Lily's sister or mom's daughter. So, stay where you belong!" she yelled and I felt pity on how she thought. I couldn't understand what made her think that way or if there was something wrong I had done.

"I am not the one you can't stand, it's yourself you are failing to bear" I replied and she stared at me surprised. The fact that she couldn't blend with her family and I could, bothered her. But she didn't want to admit that. She couldn't take the blame. Instead of the confession, she was fuming at me. Little did she know that it was making things worse.

I grabbed my bag and headed to Amarion's room, trying to push, what had happened, to the back of my mind. I lightly knocked on the door and found it open.

"Hey" Amarion said as he typed on his laptop.

"Hey" I responded and stepped inside. As I closed the door, I kept the bag on the side with a thump.

"Bag?" he asked as he looked at it.

"Yeah" I replied in monotone.

"Did Jade kick you out of her room?" he joked as he went back to typing.

"No, I thought that now that your mom knows about us, I could stay here. And why bother Jade all the time" I lied and walked to Amarion. I placed my hands on his shoulders and gazed at the laptop screen. He minimised the mail he was composing and kept his hand on mine.

"Want to spend some time?" he asked and lowered the screen of his laptop.

"It's okay if you want to continue your work. Besides, we have all night" I replied wondering what he was hiding from me.

"Nothing is more important than you" he said and kissed on my hand.

I smiled and sat in his lap. My arms swung around his neck and my forehead rested against his.

"A whole cosmos shines in your eyes, every time I look into them" he whispered and I ran my finger along his jawline.

"You know what keeps it ablaze?" I asked with a smirk.

"What?" he whispered.

"You" I replied and pecked his lips.

"And what if I am not there?" he asked while placing the strand of hair behind my ear.

"There would be no cosmos" I answered and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

"I wouldn't let that happen" he said and kissed on my cheek.

"I know" I replied, my faith on him was immortal just like our love.

He embraced me tighter as if telling me that he had the same faith on me. Then what was he hiding, again?

"Amarion" I said. I wanted to ask him why he had not shown me the mail. I wasn't being curious but I feared if something was bothering him.

He hummed in response and just when I was about to ask, his cellphone buzzed.