CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

The nurse escorted me to a room and asked me to lay on the bed. She lifted my white shirt which had turned completely crimson. She told me that she'll get the doctor and exited the room. I stared at the pale blue roof, thinking about Amarion. He was safe and that was a relief. For a moment, I thought that everything had slipped out of my hand. As if I was trapped in an hourglass and the sediments of sand poured down on me. I was sinking deeper and deeper, my heart buried in its bleak warmth. But unexpectedly, the sandglass was turned upside down and the gradual flow on me ceased and suddenly I was on the top. I smiled at the random thoughts.

My lips were stained with his kiss and it felt as if life was brought back to them. Looking at him smile invigorated me. The shine in his eyes was yearning to stay when he was being rushed to the operation theatre but I could see how it had returned and became more lively. The weight on my chest lifted and rose a hundred miles away. My love was not leaving me, the thought alone ignited ecstasy inside me. Destiny finally turned pitiful and favoured me.

"Doesn't it hurt you?" A female voice interrupted my thoughts.

I turned my head towards her and saw a middle aged doctor. She came closer and raised her eyebrows.

"Umm" I looked at her confused.

"I asked because your smiling like there are pretty butterflies on that roof and you're in a garden" she giggled and bent to examine my wounds.

Yeah, I was in an orchard of my own, an orchard of love.

"I'm just happy that we're safe" I replied and smiled.

"I see" she responded and touched the cut on my side. I flinched as the rubber glove came in contact with the broken skin.

"There are a few pieces in there. I have to get them out. It'll hurt a little, okay?" She informed politely and gestured the nurse. The nurse helped me sit up and then got me into a hospital gown. I looked down at my body, bloodstains were scattered on my belly. I wondered if it was just my gore or Amarion's aswell. The sight didn't horrify me. It reminded me of the moments I lived in the past few hours. It felt like days. Surely, just a night can change so much.

The doctor began her work and pulled out a shard of glass. It did hurt a little but the ache I suffered minutes ago was far much worse. Nothing seemed more painful now. I watched as the gory tiny pieces of glass were pulled out. All the pain causing fragments were gradually leaving my body, both emotional and physical pain.

"Don't bend. Lay straight" the doctor ordered and I just hummed in response. I shifted my gaze to the roof. I felt relaxed although a mini operation was being done on me. The pale blue color covered my vision and suddenly everything felt better.

White puffy clouds appeared on the blue, sunlit sky. A pair of dove capered in the azure. The larger bird had a red rose in its beak. He passed it to his mate. She too held the rose in her beak and gently caressed her mate's neck. She then flapped her wings harder and flew higher. The other dove followed her and then both of them stopped flying. They plummeted towards the ground while their wings were wrapped on each other. A free fall of love. The heads of the birds were covered by their wings. And as I watched the feathers disappeared gradually and they got uncovered. But they were no longer birds. They had transformed into humans. The girl's face was veiled by her hair and the guy looked familiar. The wings had disappeared too and the pair were still in each other's embrace. A fire appeared above them, urging to approach them. The sky darkened and smoke surrounded them. But as they reached the ground, they landed safely on a bed of flowers. I witnessed the enigmatic event. The guy smiled and it made me realise that he was Amarion and the girl in his arms was me. If I was there, then who am I? I looked down at my hand and saw a rose in it. I gazed back at the couple, the rose wasn't there with them. It was with me. What was happening?

"Amour?" I heard someone calling me.

I opened my eyes and the blue roof came to sight. I was dreaming? That was a dream? It sure was.

I looked beside me and saw my dad. He looked at me worried. He kept his hand on my head. I smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes" I replied. I hadn't realised when I passed out. There was a bandage on my side. The doctor had done her work and left. I wondered for how long I had been asleep.

"When did you come?" I asked dad, who somewhat appeared relieved.

"About 10 minutes ago" he responded.

I replied with an 'oh'. He asked about what had happened. I told him everything, dropping out the Amarion part. I claimed to have eloped with Jade and Lily. He then went out to have a talk with the doctor.

I wondered where Amarion was. Had his parents arrived? Perhaps, I could go out and search for him. I tried getting up but it pained. My entire body ached. I laid back in defeat and waited for dad to return.

He came back shortly and informed that I'll be discharged tomorrow. The nurse came in with a tray of food. She helped me sit up and served the food. Had Amarion eaten something? I began feeling unnecessarily worried for him.

After a little talk and my meal, dad made me talk to mom on the phone. She sounded very tensed and insisted to spend the night at the hospital with me. I somehow convinced her that I'd be fine. Dad told me that he'd be staying with me, just then Amarion's mom appeared at the door.

She smiled at me and behind her stood her husband and Jade.

Did Amarion tell them everything? Oh no!