CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Amarion

The utopian snog had me completely occupied. The things surrounding me were least of my concerns. All I was aware of was Amour, her fanciful presence and our dreamily impassioned kiss. My famished tounge wandered on her lovely lips. I allowed myself to get immensely ardent. I increased our proximity and wrapped my arms around her as a claim of her being mine. Her slender fingers made anonymous patterns on my nape. She bit my lip and battled with my tounge with spirited fiery. But then suddenly, the movement of her mouth turned gradual. She pecked on my yearning lips and moved back. I stared at her beautiful face as the smooch had made her lips rosier and cheeks blushed. Her breath was unsteady causing her chest to bob. She placed her forehead against mine and hushed "we have to get out of here. Remember?" I smiled at her and reduced my harsh grasp on her waist. I was too vague to realise where we were. The kiss felt everlasting.

She quickly rose to her feet and glanced the area behind. The fire had destroyed half of the floor. I watched as Amour kicked the shelf laying on my leg. She knelt down and pushed it. Her eyes were squeezed shut and she bit her lower lip. She poured all of her effort into it and successfully displaced it. I couldn't believe she managed to move it. Hope ignited in me.

"Pull your leg out" she advised. I tried repeatedly but couldn't. I growled frustratingly "I can't move it". The twinge in my trapped limb increased rapidly. I lowered my eyelids and sighed. I heard some cracking and looked up. "Drag your leg out when I lift. Okay?" Amour apprised and I nodded in response. I stared at her as she lifted the huge shelf and I felt the weight on my leg rise. I quickly grabbed my leg and pulled it out. A severe stitch followed as I emancipated my limb. I groaned because the ache was unbearable. Amour rushed to me and examined my wound. I didn't even look at it 'cause I knew it'd hurt worse once I get acknowledged of its appearance. I just gazed at Ame. Her winsome features were showered by the red light. Worry covered her countenance. As if she couldn't bare seeing me afflicted. Her gentle fingers came in contact with my lesion causing me to shudder. She continued touching it and wherever she did, the pain reduced from there. Like an ointment was being applied. She then wrapped her arms around me to help me get up. My leg failed to work and Amour supported me to walk. Mentally, I thanked her a thousand times. She liberated me from where I thought I'd die. She came for me although she knew it could cost her own life. Yet she didn't hesitate. I had given up but she emerged as my saviour. The one I was trying to rescue actually saved me.

I looked forth and realised that the exits were blocked. One problem just solved and another rose. How were we going to get out? The inferno blazed to upheld its destructive power. Earlier, I had the fear of losing my life but even Amour's was in danger, now. The fret of our existence becoming deceased panicked me. My eyes searched a way out across the wild conflagration. I willed to explore the depths of love and the fantasies it possessed. I was yet to discover the ecstasies and harmonies of this magical feeling. My first kiss introduced me to the surreal sensations and the wonderful devotion. I needed more of it.

By the corners of my eyes, I could see Amour staring at me. Had she noticed my distraught expression? She resolved the seemingly impossible situation and I believed she would do it again. I looked at her serene face. I tried figuring out what was going on in her mind. The spark in her eyes highlighted the audacious spirit which had replaced the dreariness and dismay from the past. The water from the sprinklers streamed down her face, washing away the traces of stranding desperation and intractable melancholy. The murky and fathomless eclipse I once witnessed, had faded due to the radiance of enchanting endearment. Her strong and selfless soul reflected from her pensive mood. It was manifest that her fright wasn't the flames surrounding us or her endangered life but it was losing me, her love. A beautiful juxtaposition of jeopardy and sacrifice.