CHAPTER FOUR

I rubbed my eyes and switched sides. I heard a giggle and then lots of laughter. A hullabaloo in my house? Ugh! I forgot that I was at my uncle's.

I suddenly woke up and gazed around.  The door was partially closed and the narrow gaps revealed a bunch of hyper kids running. There was no one else in the room. Everyone woke up early and seemed like I was the only one who had been sleeping.

The movement of my vision paused when I saw the closet. His clothes were in there. Maybe, I could take a sneak peek.

I lowered my feet slowly off the bed, making as less noise as possible. I tip toed towards the closet and placed my fingers on the handle. I pulled it and it made a creaking sound.

"You a...awake" stammered a sweet voice. I swiftly moved back whilst closing the door. I sighed when I found it was my little cousin.

"Yeah" I smiled warmly at her and replied. I was lucky that it wasn't someone else. No one would actually be able to guess what I was doing but maybe they'd come to another conclusion.

I unzipped my bag and took out my toothbrush. I headed towards the bathroom. I moved quickly as I didn't like speaking or seeing anyone before I brushed my teeth. Although I had spoken to my cousin, I still didn't wish to face anyone. As I locked the bathroom door, a blurred memory of his flashed into my mind. Long before we got into a relationship. I never made eye contacts with guys but I did with him that day. Just at the current spot, I stood staring at his eyes while he was at a little distance-following my action. He looked so cute and adorable. I still didn't get how I fell so hard for him?

I just shook the thoughts out of my head and started brushing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"See this!" My cousins excitedly showed me their pictures they had taken while on their vacation.

My uncle suddenly called all of them and they left, leaving the cellphone with me. I looked down at the screen. I started flipping and then my eyes locked at the picture that showed up. His smile, he seemed so happy. The image did cause burning sensations but somewhere happiness took over me. He was joyful and gleaming. All of a sudden, a sweet and satisfying smile appeared on my face. And I realised how much I really loved him. He wasn't mine anymore though. The picture didn't bother me although he was accompanied.

"Get ready" my mother came in to the room and asked. I quickly took a glimpse, closed the gallery and kept the mobile aside.

"For what?' I asked mom.

"For dinner at a relative's" she informed and handed me a dress.

I sighed and gazed at the dress. I hated going to dinners because I knew it would always be boring. It was a high class one and I despised formalities. Like, what's the point? You are invited to eat but expected to peck! Yeah, one feels like a chicken. Slowly and delicately walking around, sitting on the couch, no one of my age, just a bunch of acquaintances. And when it's time to eat, one has to eat like they're on a diet. Such formal gatherings were just not for me!

Anyways, I dressed up. Actually,  just wore the dress and made my mom plaid my hair into a single braid. I didn't like nor needed make up. I wore my sandals as my shoes wouldn't look good with what I was wearing.

Everyone was ready and some how I missed him. He really dressed good. As far as I could recall, tailored fitted shirts and jeans. His hair! He would just push them back with wet fingers and there! His hairdo was done.