CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

Amour

"The food was delicious" I complimented as I helped Julian with the dishes.

"That's so sweet of you" she smiled at me.

"Jade?" Julian called but Jade had already left.

"When will this girl start behaving responsible?" She murmured and took the plates from my hands.

"It's okay, I can help you" I spoke softly.

"I know you can and you will but you're our guest" she reasoned and kept her palm on my hand.

"Wait! Didn't you say this is my home too?" I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled.

"Yes, I did but..uh..Okay you may help" she stammered and then laughed. Everyone giggled.

Amarion came beside me to lend me a hand. He bumped into me often on purpose and I just hid my face with embarrassment. His behaviour would've made our relationship so obvious. Throughout the dinner, he gave me quick glances and cheeky smiles- suspicious enough. Luckily, the parents didn't seem to have noticed us. I quickly cleared the dining table and went into the kitchen. Julian spoke to me about all her favourite dishes and the different cuisines she was aware of. Amarion stood behind us and listened all the time.

"There is this book, it has all the flavours you can ask for. I'll get it, just a second" Julian said and headed out of the kitchen.

Amarion swiftly grabbed me by the waist and pressed me against the counter.

"What are you.." I exclaimed but he cut my words off by pressing his lips on mine. He stroked my lips with his tongue and I was too shocked to respond. He pulled away and pecked my cheek. I gazed at him surprised. He smiled and winked at me as he walked towards the fridge. I heard footsteps and I turned around. Julian smiled at me with a book in her hand.

She kept it on the counter and opened it. She turned a few pages and told me about their speciality. My attention was more focused on Amarion,  who was taking something from the fridge.

"Amazing! Right?" Julian asked with excitement.

"Very" I smiled and responded, feeling sorry for not actually listening to her. Amarion turned around and beamed.

"Getting along well" he said to his mother.

Julian smiled and kept her hand on my shoulder.
"Since day one" she apprised and giggled.

Amarion chuckled lightly and walked out of the kitchen. I took a breath of relief and directed my attention to Julian. We remained in the kitchen for half an hour.

"How I wish my own daughter spends time with me this way" Julian confessed after we laughed on a joke I made.

"But some wishes stay wishes" she sniggered.

"Not if we try" I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Try? You mean ask Jade to spend time here? This is hell for her" she exclaimed dramatically and spread her arms in the air.

"I'll try convincing her or maybe we can attract her here" I suggested and raised my eyebrow.

"You'll do that for me?" She asked me overwhelmed.

"Of course" I answered and she engulfed me into a quick hug.

"Besides, we've got thirteen attempts" I joked and she laughed.

"Sure! But isn't thirteen an unlucky number?" She questioned and we burst into laughter.

"We'll have to deal with that" I said out of breath and we continued chuckling.

"Julian" Amarion's dad yelled.

"Coming honey" she responded.

"Go to Jade's room and maybe start implementing" she told me and winked.

"Sure ma'am" I winked back.

She pinched my cheek while greeting 'good night' and headed out of the kitchen.

I gulped a glass of water and went upstairs. Lily was outside Jade's room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I came for my teddy" she answered softly.

"It's inside?" I gestured at the door.

"Yes" she answered adorably.

"Okay. I'll get it for you" I said and knocked on the door.

"What?" Jade snapped as she opened the door.

"Perhaps, you can give Lily her teddy" I replied and pursed my lips.

"Oh! Yeah" she said and went inside the room.

"Here you go sis!" She tossed the teddy to Lily.

"Hey! You're hurting him" Lily complained cutely.

"Oh! Did I?" Jade teased.

I gave Jade a look. She rolled her eyes and went inside.

"You're teddy is strong like you Lily. Remember?" I reminded Lily and knelt down.

"Yes doctor!" she agreed excitedly.

"I was brave at the park and at the mall too! Right?" She asked adorably.

"Yes, you were" I smiled and kissed on her cheek. The time since the park incident to date, flashed before my eyes. Time had changed completely. I was bandaging the wounds of a little stranger girl in the park, a few months ago and later on I was in love with her brother, hopelessly.

"Good night Ame" she kissed on my cheek and ran downstairs to her room.

I strolled into Jade's room. She was lying on the bed with the headphones on.

"You could be a little softer on her" I suggested Jade.

"What?" She yelled.

"I said you could be a little softer on her" I repeated.

"I can't hear you" she yelled again.

I reached out for her headphones and got them off of her head.

"Hey?" She yelped.

"Be soft on Lily" I said for the the third time.

"I just threw that teddy bear" she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Not that. I'm talking about the choice of words" I clarified my statement.

"Okay! Man! If there was any chaos that my life was missing, it was an elder sister. Now, you're here" she rambled and her response made me laugh.

I laid down beside her and checked my phone. I called mom and asked how they were doing. They were about to reach and I was relieved to know that. I told her about the good time I had and she was glad she left me at Jade's. I hung up soon and looked at Jade who was already staring.

"What?" I asked.

"You're not thinking of sleeping here? Aren't you?" She questioned and smirked.

"Where then?" I questioned.

"Follow me" she said.