CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

What I was beholding was far more beautiful than I had expected. There was a huge book shelf ahead of me and it was filled with books. But the speciality were the red books arranged in a heart shape which touched the upper two corners and the middle of the bottom frame. The background was of white coloured books. There were little crimson candles near the either sides of the shelf, arranged as tiny hearts and spirals. A box and flowers rested in the midst, right beside where Amarion was standing. Petals were scattered on the floor. The sight was immensely alluring under the dim light.

He smiled at me and I didn't realise when my jaw had dropped. I nervously smiled back. The surprise was too much to take. I was really shocked to react. I didn't know he could be so romantically effortful.

He lowered his gaze at the guitar strings and watched his own fingers move. The gradual music began enchanting the surroundings. I stood still and waited for what was next.

He slowly looked up at me and the lyrics escaped his lips "the day I heard your voice".

"I knew I was prone to fall" he continued with a shy smile.

"And when I looked into your eyes, I knew I was about to give it all" he sang softly.

"Because baby, your smile is brighter than the stars" the music increased its pace.

"And your heart is worth a hundred wars" he continued and the lyrics made me overwhelmed.

"My world was very dark. You lit it up with your lovely spark" he crooned and my eyes gaped in wonderment. Had he written the song for me?

"Close or apart. If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart" he sang and headed for me.

He smiled at me while creating music. I could see the shyness fading from his face. I felt as if I was dreaming. It was too magical to be true.

I heard another guitar playing. Amarion kept his on the floor and placed his hands on my waist. I kept my hands on his shoulders and we slowly moved our bodies.

"The night I held in you in my arms" he sang while we danced.

"I knew I was yours forever" he rested his forehead against mine and brought me closer.

"And when I kissed you for the first time" he intoned and stroked my cheek.

"I knew there was nothing I'd want more" he lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. Each word of his drowned me more into his love.

"Because baby, you're the one I've been waiting for" he held my hand and moved away.

"And you're the one I'll endlessly adore" he sang and picked the guitar.

He started moving his fingers on the strings. The music had become more melodious.

" 'Cause love, you're the stars and I'm the galaxies" he sang gradually. I could see an entire cosmos that had turned brighter, in his eyes. The windows to his soul were unbarred. Freedom shone in those hazel orbs.

"And together we make the universe" he intoned loudly and I beamed. His smile reflected the firmament of love he had created, in which his song soared. His words were too surreal to process. It was a dreamlike colloquy where our endearment spoke as one resilient voice.

"To you I impart" he stepped closer.

"If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart" he sang while gesturing at his heart with his eyes. I moved my hand to my chest, where my heart, drenched in his love, resided. A small smile appeared on my face. All of my sentiments were exploding inside me. Such adoration and honour was being given to me, making me realise what I was worth of and for what I had settled. I was happy because I had received what I deserved or maybe more. But I was sad too for I had given my everything to someone worthless. What had I done? Doubted myself if I could ever fall in love again when the rightful had asked for it. Amarion loved me more than I had ever expected someone to. And I wasn't sure if what all I could give him would be enough.

"The day I saw your fragments, I knew I had to make you whole" he intoned bringing me out of my swirling thoughts.

"And the night you saved me, I knew we were out of the black hole" he gazed into my eyes as he sang. I struggled to tame my feelings that were being provoked by his words. Perhaps, my uneasiness and comfort were both reluctantly visible.

Yet I adored the choice of his words. The lyrics perfectly implicit from our little journey, a journey which had just begun.

"Baby, you're the rose I had been searching gardens for" he beamed as he sang and I blushed. Rose? Really?

"And you're my eternal amour" he intoned making me speechless. He was too beautiful with words. Each feeling and letter flawlessly juxtaposed. He adorned the song by contrasting our names in it. He possessed a totality of different cosmos. Something that made me fall for him more.

"No matter to where you depart. If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart" he intoned and set his guitar aside again.

He grabbed my hand and swung his other arm around my waist. I knew it was another slow dance. Our bodies gradually capering and his pleasant crooning with the enchanting music in the background, there must not be anything more romantic. Love was in the air and we were breathing it.

"To the end, from the start. If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart" he sang in a low voice.

"Because that's where you'll always be" he whispered and rested his forehead against mine.

"Close or apart" he held my waist tighter.

"No matter to where you depart" he stroked my cheek.

"To the end from the start" he sang softly.

"To you I impart" he crooned.

"If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart" he kept his hand on his chest.

I gazed into his romantic hazel eyes, a gateway to paradise. The gentle music reverberated, but I had no idea from where it was coming. But that didn't matter, what mattered was the ingenious angel who was dancing with me. His wings of love made of feathers of kisses, spread widely to take me in their embrace. His voice as warming as the mild sunlight and his smile glistened as the moonlight. An angel, made from the beauty of nature. Who was in love with a shattered human, made of flaws.

"Even if the stars burn out" he gestured at the roof.

"Or if the waves stop to shout" he continued singing.

"You'll always have a home" his hand moved again to his chest.

"And if we're ever lost, we'll look for ourselves in our hearts" he kept my hand on his chest.

"Because that's where we'll always be" we chorused as I placed his hand on the barrier against my beating heart.

"If you're ever lost, look for yourself in my heart".