CHAPTER EIGHTY

Amour

"Dear diary,
The girl I had always dreamt of was right in front of me. She had smiled at me with her beautiful pink lips. I had to refresh my mind just to confirm that she was actually there. Looking for someone else like her was as searching for the moon on a moonless night. And getting her out of my thoughts was like separating the stars from their shine" I read out of the journal he had gifted me on our anniversary.

His words were too beautiful. I kept reading the journal whenever I was free. I wanted to read each word of it as sooner as I could but there were just too many entries. Amarion asked me to read one entry during a day. But I was very curious to know his thoughts and to explore new depths of his soul.

I was in a moving car on a highway but that didn't stop me from reading.

"She seemed to be the wave, I, an abandoned shore had been waiting for. A kiss of sunlight she was for my flowers to bloom" I smiled as I read the honest words. I could hear his voice in my head, reading them.

I had wondered what his face was like when he had written them. Was he smiling?

I felt my cellphone vibrating. I pulled it out of my bag and saw a text from Amarion.

*Enjoying?* he had texted.

*More if you were with me* I replied.

I didn't understand why he had to go there a day before. Couldn't he come with me?

*Sorry but I'll make up to you* he texted back.

I had a conversation with him until halfway. He had some work, so he went offline.

Winter had gotten worse and I needed to run away from it. Amarion just solved the problem for me. Last year, we went for a family outing to celebrate his success and that was exactly what we were doing an year later.

The recording studio had released a single track of his and it turned out to be a hit. But his rising fame was becoming an obstacle for us. We had to hide from the world which was getting more difficult as days passed. I wanted to talk to him about it but he had been very busy lately. The last time we had met was on his birthday. We had gone for biking. 

I closed the journal and kept it back inside my bag as the worries struck me. How was I supposed to talk to Amarion about it? I had been reading the entries with the hope of finding a trace to our future but I hadn't found any.

Frustrated, I turned the music to a volume louder than my thoughts.

I mouthed the lyrics. Even an year later, the song 'Perfect' had managed to be on the list of my favourites.

We reached the resort almost an hour later. The sun had set and the beautiful street lights adorned the city. I could smell the fragrance of the sea and feel the moisture in the air as I stepped out of the car. It was as if invigoration had struck me quick as lightning and enduring as the waves.

It was the second best feeling, first was being in Amarion's embrace.

I had met everyone from Amarion's family. But my eyes desperately sought him. Where was he?

I texted him several times. From the check in to the dinner, I messaged and called him. But he wasn't answering.

Jade had no clue and neither did anyone else mention him. I was getting worried.

Jade and I were given the same room. She was talking to Sean on the phone and I missed Amarion more as I listened them talk.

I curled myself under the blanket and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. Wearing his T-shirt wasn't helping either.