CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

I kissed on his chest, knowing that the thin hospital gown would let the feeling of my lips pass through it. His fingers massaged my head and the other arm held me tight against his torso. Our legs were entangled. All of the bleakness inside me thawed with the warmth of the cuddle. He kissed on the top of my head and I knew he was smiling.

"Amour?" His voice soothed my ears and I wanted him to keep repeating.

"Yes?" I answered while looking at him.

"You were falling for me all this time" he said and reminded me of the epiphany of my feelings.

"Hmm" I responded.

"Then why didn't you tell me that day?" He questioned.

"I didn't know myself and I'm sorry for hurting you" I confessed. I felt ashamed of myself.

"I have no idea how I couldn't see that it was you I sought all this time" I continued with sobriety.

"You don't have to be sorry my dear. You know, life is not always about what we seek but mostly about what we already have" he replied calmly. But his words left me awestruck. I had never thought about life the way he did. His words made me realise how I had been running behind something which wasn't mine, leaving what all belonged to me waiting.

"That's one of the most inspiring words I've ever heard" I responded and kissed on his chin.

"This inspiration has come from you" he replied and smiled at me.

As I witnessed the spark in his eyes and the comfort between us, it was a cognizance of us being made for each other. It didn't feel like it was just a few hours since we had got together but a whole eternity. Honestly, I couldn't believe that he was mine.

"I'm honoured" I whispered and kissed on his chest, where his ingenuous heart beated with love for me.

"So am I" he responded and hugged me tighter.

"Where is Jade by the way?" He questioned.

"I asked her to take my place till 5" I answered, mentally thanking her for agreeing.

"P.M?" He asked excitedly.

"No! A.M" I giggled and he chuckled.

"And I don't think we'll be staying here for that long" I pouted.

"I'll be discharged in the evening and you? " he asked while messaging my hair with his fingers. It felt so calm and gentle. I didn't want him to stop.

"Tomorrow morning" I replied, focusing on his question as I was lost in the depth of the sensations he gave me.

"Oh! By the way, good thing you came a little later or else you couldn't have stayed" he stated.

"Why? Was the doctor here?" I asked whilst resting my chin on his chest.

He looked into my eyes for a moment. Probably, thinking how I was so comfortable. To be honest, I didn't know either. He just felt like...home.

"Nope but Sean was here" he answered.

I watched as his lips moved. They were beautiful and more alluring to be seen from close proximity.

"The guy with you in the car that day?" I asked after processing what he had said.

"Yeah him. My best friend" he replied.

"He used to be the only most important person to me apart from my family" he said and bit his lower lip, a habit which I jad begun to adore.

"Was?" I asked doubtfully.

"He isn't the only one anymore" he responded and I looked at him confused.

"Now you're in my life as my best friend, my love and everything that I'd live for" he replied as he caressed my cheek with his knuckles.

"I hope he doesn't get jealous" I replied and smiled.

"That's why I haven't told him" he laughed and winked at me. And that wink just stole my heart away.

He was absolutely beautiful, both from the inside and the outside. Then what attracted him towards me? I could see nothing in my possession that could make him fall for me such profoundly.

"Amarion why did you fall for me?" I asked stupidly. I felt embarrassed as I realised how idiotic it sounded. I closed my eyes, waiting for a response.

His fingers traced my jawline and his other hand moved to the small of my back.

"You can never tell who you'll fall for. You just realise when you've fallen deep enough. And the answer to the question 'why' is incomprehensible or maybe even nonexistent" he replied wisely and I just stared at him. I hadn't seen that side of his and it was obviously surprising me. The words he spoke consistently homed my heart.

"You always spoke this way or did something hit you're head when we jumped" I asked sarcastically and looked at him blankly.

He chuckled and replied "something did hit me".

"What?" I asked with my left eyebrow raised.

"Love" he answered.

"Nope. I think insanity" I giggled.

"What's the difference?" He laughed and pressed his lips on mine.

He kissed passionately and moved his hands from my back to my head. He occasionally planted kisses on the crook of my neck to give me time to breath. But honestly, he took all of my breath away. It felt as if his touch was my oxygen and I'd yearn and struggle to be alive if he moved away. There was nothing going on my mind. No thoughts, no questions. Every other touch, feeling, view, sound and smell had become strange for me. My body had become alien to the things which once inhabited it. The only touch my skin knew was his, the only voice my ears recognised was his, the only sight my eyes could see was his, the only smell I could sense was his and the only feeling I had was of his love. Insanity took over me again and this time it seemed deeper. I kissed on his neck and rubbed my nose against it, making him draw me closer. We remained canoodling for long. Only the vibe of love surrounding us.

"His embrace is my querencia. And his love is my needed metanoia" .