CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I was in a white room. The walls and the floor were hued the same. It was as silent as the dead. My breath was raspy. It felt eminently empty. I was enclosed within a colorless space. My curious gaze wandered. A girl in black emerged ahead of me. She ambled towards me. I could hear my heart beating hopefully. She seemed to be my way out. I reached for her but she stopped in the midst of the way. I glanced her features. Her face barely held distance from mine. Her eyes were gloomy and eclipsed. The window to her soul was barred recklessly. Her eyelids were unmoving. The eyelashes were surfaced with dust. Her cheekbones were missing the flesh and were covered with dull skin. Her lips were withering. Her respiration appeared to be ceased from ages. Baffled, if she had crimson blood in her veins. Unsure, whether she had a heart or not?  Her body had no soul embalmed. She was a worn out frame with no picture.

"Who are you?" I managed to ask. But she didn't respond. I moved my hand to touch her but it rested flat. My blood curdled as I realised that there was a screen between us. A mirror. The corpse like figure was my own reflection. With fraught, I stroke my deceased mirrored image. But she flinched. A cloud of smoke aroused  behind her. The white turning into grey. Frantically, I pounded the reflector. "Save me" she pleaded in a voice hardly audible. I banged my wrists as devastatingly as I could. Yet the glass stood unbroken. The dour color engulfed her. Leaving me in a catastrophe. "Eternal will rescue"  her voice echoed. Maybe it isn't too late?

I woke up with a jolt. Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. I looked around to search the white walls and floor but gladly it was a nightmare. I sighed and wiped my temples with my fingers. Unbelievably, I witnessed my dying body. What was that supposed to mean? If my body was on the other side of the mirror, who was I? There are two aspects of a human being. Their cellular and mortal figure and their immortal soul. Thinking about it gave me chills. So, I decided to move on for the time being.

It has been a week since I visited Amarion. We texted daily though. A day ago, he told me that he has to visit a relative of his in the countryside. He informed that he wouldn't be able to communicate for a couple of days. It was sweet of him. Even though we're friends and he'll be unavailable for a few days, he apprised me. Unlike someone.
------

A day has passed for Amarion and me to message each other. And I already miss him. I just realised how happy he makes me. He is escorting me back to my euphoric side. I couldn't appreciate him much. His voice keeps playing in my head. I never thought that he would sing in such an addictive voice. I willed to listen more. But I know that's only going to happen when I visit him. It'll be inappropriate if I go there often. I'll somehow have to make him record his singing. That would be perfect. As I mostly find myself humming the song. The memories which evoked due to the lyrics that day seem to be fading away.

As Amarion isn't there, my mind hangovers to him. The thoughts invade me and stings my heart. Every moment, I'm reminded of my immense love for him. The profound and painful sensation doesn't cease. It has made my heart its home. And no matter how hard I try, these feelings won't leave. No one amuses me like he did. There isn't anyone who can dwell in my mind and conquer my heart like he did. Maybe, running away isn't the right option.

Frustrated, I grabbed a pen and a notepad. I decided to visit a coffee shop nearby. I insisted my mother to let me go. She agreed somehow. I changed into my jeans and sweatshirt.

I've never had been to the place but it seemed appealing from the outside. I walked to the shop and opened the door. A mild sound of a bell reached my ear. I looked around and immediately hearted the place. The tables were round and small with elegant chairs. The theme used consisted of dark colors. The walls were painted creamy. The decoration was sober and not too fancy. It felt homely and welcoming. I took one of the tables in the corner by the window. I gazed at the busy road and the buildings bathed in sunlight. Wondering how my life used to be as occupied as the scene forth me. Presently, it is empty and frivolous. I spend most of my time reminiscing the good times. The time when I had it all. Now, they're like a flicker of light in my dark life. I attain smiles from just illusions.