CHAPTER FORTY ONE

Every day began with a lovely spark and ended very dark, a good kind of dark. His love was refueling me every second. Hopelessness was far away. Despondency became alien to me. Laying in bed all day didn't seem boring to me for I was lost in my abstract garden of love.

But in the midst of that rose a problem. My parents had to visit my aunt in the other city. She was very sick and had no one who could look after her. My younger brother had vacations and hence, he could go but as for me, the doctor advised not to travel. Sitting for a longer time would strain my sides and as a result it would take longer to recover. But where could I stay?

"Oh would you?" I heard my mother talking on the phone.

"You already took care of her. I don't want to trouble you" she continued.

"Thank you so much" she said and hung up.

"Mom? Who was it?" I asked whilst crossing my arms on my chest, laying on the bed

"Jade's mother. She called to ask how you're doing and I mentioned our little problem" my mother replied.

"And?" I questioned although I knew what was coming.

"She offered to leave you at her house. I didn't agree at first but she is really good at convincing" mom continued.

"She sure is" I smiled and wondered how she had managed to make mom agree.

"You asked dad?" I reminded mom with a smirk.

"Assume that he has said yes" my mother answered confidently and I giggled.

Though it took long to convince dad. The fact that a young boy lived in Jade's home made my father uneasy. But mom apprised that Amarion would be away for a week or two due to his exams. And after listening that, my father agreed. I did feel awkward to see how my father was trying to keep me away from Amarion who actually was my boyfriend. Mentally, I hoped what mom told wasn't true.

I quickly began packing my bags and in the excitement of seeing Amarion, my body ache dissolved. After the preparation, I texted Amarion.

*Got the news love?*

*What news my dear?* he replied.

*I'm coming to your home* I messaged as I realised that Amarion didn't know anything. It would better be a surprise.

*OMG! I'm impatient already* he texted back.

*me too honey* I replied while my heart beated eagerly.

The imagination of Amarion's amusement regarding my stay at his house, made me delighted. He'd be too happy.

---------

"Amour, did you keep everything?" My mother asked.

"Yes mommy" I replied.

"You're sure?" She questioned again.

"Yes mommy" I answered in monotone.

I sat in the car after keeping my bag in the trunk. My phone rested in my hand all the time as Amarion flooded it with excited yet cute texts.

I reminisced all of the kisses we had. I could feel the warmth of his embrace as I recalled the lovely time we had together in the hospital. His gentle pecks on my neck and hard smooches, the thought of it alone drove me crazy.

As the car moved I came across the road where I had travelled with my ex. The reminders were trying to pry my thoughts but I succeeded in putting them at the back of my mind. I had to look ahead of me, at my destination and not turn back to glance what never was supposed to be my home. I had found my querencia and that's where I belonged. My days of looking back were gone.

I woke up from my sleep of thoughts as Amarion's house came to sight. My dad pulled the car in the driveway and soon we were at the doorsteps. As my brother rang the door bell, my heart beat increased. I sighed and tried relaxing myself but the agitation just wouldn't diminish.

The door gradually opened and revealed Amarion's father, the one person from his family with whom I have had no conversation. He welcomed us and we settled in the living area. Amarion's mother served us coffee and greeted warmly. Soon, the parents indulged themselves in the conversations. But my eyes searched for Amarion. I heard opening of a door and my curious gaze wandered on the staircase but it was Jade and Lily who showed up. Where was he? He had been texting me a little while ago. Was he nervous like I was? Or was he confused how to behave when everyone was around? With the questions quarrelling inside my head, I remained seated and had a little talk with the sisters. Jade knew that I was staying and talked to me about it whilst Lily was as usual iver excited to see me. We sat there for sometime and then it was time for my parents to leave. My mother hugged me and asked me to take care of myself.

"Don't worry. I'll treat her like my own daughter" Amarion's mom assured my mother. After bidding goodbye to my family, I turned to Amarion's mother and thanked her for letting me stay.

"Don't be so formal dear. This is your home too" she replied genuinely which made me feel cosier.

I lifted my bag and headed for the stairs when Amarion's mom stopped me.

"Amarion dear" she yelled and my heart skipped a beat.

I heard hurried footsteps and saw Amarion emerging near the staircase. He quickly came downstairs and that's when our eyes met. He smiled at me and uttered a 'hey'. I smiled back and imitated his greeting. His hazel eyes hastily gazed me, making me want to throw my arms around him.

"Take this bag to Jade's room please" Julian apprised Amarion and he nodded.

"But whose is it?" He asked.

"Amour's" Julian replied and turned to me.

Amarion gazed at me puzzled but then lifted my bag and moved to the stairs.

"Go settle your stuff dear and come to the kitchen with Jade for dinner" she said softly and headed to the part of the house I hadn't been to. I looked at Amarion who was already gazing at me. Jade broke the silence and asked us to follow her. I stepped into the extravagant room of Jade. Amarion and I stole glances.

"So, you can keep the bag here and you'll sleep here on the right side of my bed" Jade informed us while gesturing at the bed.

Amarion kept the bag on the floor and smiled at me. I returned him a smile. Jade observed the two of us.

"You know, you should go to his room" Jade raised her eyebrow and looked at Amarion.

"Sure. Anyways it's suffocating-ly pink here" he replied and stepped out of the room.

I tried not to laugh and excused myself. I followed my boyfriend and headed for his room.

"You shouldn't be rude to her. Just a flame and she can blow everything up" I said as I entered his room.

"I don't know about her blowing this up but I do know that every time I see you smile, my heart explodes" he replied and stepped towards me.

"So, my smile is dynamite?" I smiled and moved backwards.

"A firework. Explosive yet beautiful" he whispered and leaned forward, followed by my back hitting the door. His hand rested against the door and his other hand cupped my chin. He was breathing heavily and I knew what was next.

MY SECOND BUT TRUE LOVE #Wattys2016जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें