CHAPTER TWELVE

Amarion

Amour stood in her position. The sadness filling her hypnotic eyes. Her hair dishevelled as the breeze blew yet she appeared beautiful. I wondered how it feels to be parted from someone you love? The thought of it curdled my heart. And there she was in front of me, not shedding a single tear even though she is the afflicted. I wanted to ask her how exactly he broke up? Because Amour told a brief story. Dropping out the details and that's what haunts her. I looked back to my guitar and then at her. The lyrics evoked her concealed emotions. I felt like embracing Ame and informing her that she'll move on and that I'll help her. My psyche was yelling inside of me that it'll thaw the snow her soul is covered in. My arms were yearning to hold her. My voice was desperate to convey comforting words but one possibility kept me back. What if she takes my feelings as sympathy? She may think that I'm pitying her. That can make her feel worse.

I've to help her mend herself. I've to aid her in such a way that she doesn't recognise it.

Her eyes were saddened yet alluring. How must they be when she was in love? Only imagining it dilated my pupils.

"What about your friends? Did they support you?" I asked her with concern.

"Oh yes! Always. I've the like most amazing friends. Hannah, Michelle, Mona, Nova and many more. Now you're in this awesome list too" she grimaced.

I was delighted to hear that she has supporting friends unlike me.

"Me? Awesome?" I questioned with my eyebrow raised.

"Come on! Look at you! You sing with perfection and you play so smoothly. And your personality is admirable" she rambled and I listened in disbelief. Does she really mean that? My cheeks slightly blushed as I sensed the integrity in her tone.

Maybe I should tell her that I like her or at least I should apprise her about the beauty of her brown eyes and pink smile.

"Your ey.." I start nervously but get cut off when the door of my room is knocked.

"Must be Jade" I mutter with disappointment.

Amour nodded in approval.

"We have to get in the room" I say and hold Ame's hand. She flinched at first but then grabbed my hand back softly.

I took her inside and locked the balcony door followed by sliding the curtains. Amour sat on the floor where we played the games. She took the remote in her hands and started the game.

"Smart" I smirked. She smugged back and continued with the game as if she has been doing that for the entire damn time. How can she be so strong?

I opened the door as Jade began pounding it. "What?" I snapped.

"Relax will you?" She snorted like always.

She pushed me aside and entered the room.

"Weren't you here to meet me?" Jade mocked Ame playfully. I glared at Jade. I so wish she was out of my room along with her annoying ass. Okay, I should stop. She is my sister. I wonder if she really is?

"Was I?" Amour kept a hand on her chest and replied dramatically. Jade's expression turned to neutral. And I couldn't stop guffawing. "Very funny" Jade retorted.
"Want to play?" Amour asked Jade completely ignoring her reaction. "I'm not a guy" Jade answered as I expected. I rolled my eyes. "I happen to not be one as well" Amour said while eyeing her body. Keeping her eyes a little longer on her chest. I pressed my lips hard against each other to control my laughter.

"Who knows? You might be tran.." Jade mocked but stopped when I threw a pillow at her. Amour burst into laughter. Jade furiously, grabbed the cushion close to her and propelled at me. Amour tossed the big pillow on my couch and it striked Jade's back. "Bull's eye" I yelled. "Nah Amarion! Bull's ass" she mouthed. Gladly, Jade didn't hear her. We kept on fighting until Amour tripped and fell on me. We both crashed to the ground. She kept on giggling. I stared at her as she laughed. The sounds brought joy to me. This was the second time I had come this close to her. Her legs were tangled in mine and her chest was against my heart. She had her eyes squeezed. Maybe, she didn't realise how near our bodies were. My veins were bursting with an alien feeling. My breath was heavier. Adrenaline rushed in extreme speed. My pupils must have dilated extensively. But Amour seemed unaffected. She was too occupied with enthusiasm. I wrapped my hands around her waist and that was when she opened her eyes and locked them with mine.

Her face covered in sobriety and her laughter faded. I gulped deeply and moved my hand from her back to tuck the stray lock of her hair behind her ear. I slid my fingers slowly to feel the softness of her hair. She gazed at me in amusement, maybe. She looked away and prepared herself to stand. Jade was busy looking for new pillows and hopefully, didn't see us collapse.
The sudden change in her mood worried me slightly. I couldn't resist touching her hair and she must've found it inappropriate.

Amour stood and threw one last cushion at me with a smile. I flushed with relief. Did she like our closure? I searched for an answer in her eyes but she tore them away.

"Enough for today" I announced as I got up on my feet. "Look who is saying that" Jade remarked, retreating to her behaviour. "He started and he deserves to conclude" Amour replied and received a pair of rolling eyes from Jade. I mentally thanked Amour for defending me. Wait! She is defending me? She called me her friend while we were in the balcony, that explains it. I smirked.

"I almost forgot" Jade exclaimed.

"What?" I asked in confusion. Silently hoping that she doesn't stay longer.

"This is the frame that you ordered. Mom asked me to give you yesterday" she explained. I glared at her.

"And why did you procrastinate?" I questioned with suspicion.

"Because I was busy during the day and you were dead asleep at night" she excused lamely.

"Give it" I demanded and moved my hand fro.

"You can say thanks" she snorted and crossed her arms on her chest.

"After I find it in a good state then I'll" I replied in monotone while reaching for the box.

Amour looked between the both of us. I know what she must be wondering. I grabbed the case and unwrapped it, ignoring Ame's gaze.

I unpacked it and opened the box. The lovely frame appealed my eyes. I pulled it out slowly and checked for errors. Gladly, the frame was in perfect condition. I moved my fingers across the glass and read the qoute. Amour glanced at me curiously. I smiled with my gaze down and shifted my vision to the nail I penetrated on the wall, few days ago. "Thanks" I muttered as I moved towards the wall. Jade half smiled and left the room. "Come to my room when you're fed up Ame" Jade yelled on her way. Amour just grinned and gave me a humorous look. I smiled back at her and placed the frame on the wall. The black borders and the crimson text appeared perfect. Amour walked up to me and glanced at the frame.

Her eyes widened and she gasped as she read the qoute. She glanced at me and parted her lips.

"You?" She exclaimed.

I gazed into her baffled eyes with bewilderment.

"Me?" I asked.