CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

We were driving to the highway. The road was silent and the city too. My hand was on the gear with Amarion's warm hand resting on it. The faint music echoed in the car, juxtaposing with our breaths and the beats of our hearts.

I watched as the street lights came to an end and the darkness grew denser. Amarion smiled at me and gestured at the roof. As I gazed up, the sunroof opened and revealed a beautiful constellation.

"Can I?" I asked him and he nodded delightedly.

I quickly peeped out through the sunroof and soon half of my body was being stroked by the gentle breeze. The empty road lay carpeted to the horizon and the stars were coruscating brighter each moment. The full moon gleamed ahead as if it was our destination.

My hair were no longer in a pony tail but were waving wildly with the wind. Amarion's hand rested on my calf and I spread my arms wide, witnessing the beauty of the sparkling night.

Amarion changed the song on the stereo and it was perfect. I synced my lips with the lyrics.

"A long drive" I sang along.

"Or paradise" I crooned. Under the starlit sky, on the road to the moon with love in our hearts, it did feel as if we were going to paradise.

"Fade into view" we chorused and I felt like I was a part of the view.

"You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye. And I got that red lip classic thing that you like. And when we go crashing down, we come back every time. 'Cause we never go out of style. We never go out of style" I sang loudly like some karaoke but it felt so free. My body lightly rocked with the music and I could feel Amarion's fingers tapping rhythmically on my calf.

"So, it goes. He can't keep his wild eyes on the road" I sang and looked down at Amarion who, no wonder, was gazing at me.

The car's pace had gotten slower, making the gust of wind gentler. We both enjoyed the song throughout while stealing glimpses of each other.

"We never go out of style" we chorused and the music came to a stop. Silence dawned and I kept gazing at the sky. Each star took me in its embrace with its light and the sky stroked me with its soft breeze. The ether all of a sudden, felt homely.

"Come inside babe" Amarion said.

"Yeah" I replied and retreated to my seat with one last glance.

"Beautiful?" He asked and held my hand tightly.

"Too beautiful" I said and beamed.

"I felt like I was a spirit of the melodious night" I told him with wonderment.

"You already are" he replied and kissed on my hand.

"And you're my angel of love" I said and kissed his cheek.

He smiled while focusing his eyes on the road.

I placed my head on his shoulder and swung my hands around his arm. I turned up the stereo and we listened to the soft music.

"Don't you want to see the stars?" I asked while looking at his focused eyes.

"I see them every day" he replied.

"But these aren't like the usual. They're enchanting" I reasoned and recalled the shine of the stars. They were unlike any other constellation I had ever seen.

"The ones I see are much more beautiful" he responded.

"And where are those?" I asked with surprise. I couldn't imagine anything more magical.