48.I Know What To Do

It was already 5 in the evening but Lisa was still sleeping.

Looking at how peacefully she was sleeping, Jungkook did not have the heart to wake her up. But mother Jeon was waiting for them and had already called him twice.

After thinking for some time, Jungkook carefully picked Lisa up in his arms and started walking.

Disturbed by the sudden movement, Lisa slowly opened her eyes.

Jungkook stopped and said, "Sorry for waking you up. We have to go home. Mother is waiting for us."

Lisa nodded her head and said, "I-I can walk."

Jungkook shook his head and said, "No you can't. You have hurt your back."

Lisa blushed and said, "But you cant carry me like this. There are so many people outside."

Jungkook chuckled, "You don't have to worry about that. No one is going to judge you."

Feeling embarrassed, Lisa wrapped her hands around Jungkook's neck and buried her head in his .

Seeing her cute reaction, Jungkook's lips curled upwards, "Mrs Jeon don't feel so shy and help me open the door."

Lifting her head up, Lisa opened the door for Jungkook. She then buried her head on his chest again.

With a broad smile on his face, Jungkook walked out of his office like a king.

Eunwoo could not help but sigh. His boss who never missed a single meeting had canceled all his meetings today. Seeing a sudden change in Jungkook's life, Eunwoo felt happy.

The receptionist who was standing next to Eunwoo, patted his shoulder and asked, "Mr Cha who exactly is this lady?"

Eunwoo smiled and said, "Our lady boss."

The receptionist almost choked after what she had heard, "What?"

Eunwoo straightened his suit and said, "Yes. Consider yourself lucky that you did not join hands with Ms Jung today otherwise even I don't know what would have happened to you."

....

When Jungkook and Lisa arrived home, mother Jeon was already waiting for them..

Seeing Jungkook carrying Lisa in his arms, mother Jeon smiled and greeted them.

"Take her upstairs. I'll get something to eat for her."

Jungkook nodded his head and followed his mother's instruction.

....

Inside the bedroom.

Jungkook carefully placed Lida on the bed and then covered her with the quilt. He then sat beside her and said, "Rest for a while. I'll be back after sometime."

Lisa nodded her head and said, "I have been resting since afternoon. You should rest for a while too. You can go after taking some rest."

Jungkook smiled and said, "It's very important. I have to complete that work as soon as possible. I'll rest at night." After saying this, Jungkook got up and was ready to leave.

Mother Jeon entered the room with some congee and fresh vegetables. Looking at her son, she said, "So you are leaving?"

Jungkook nodded his head.

Mother Jeon narrowed her eyes and said, "I hope you know what you have do. If not let me know I will do it for you Instead."

Jungkook nodded his head and said, "I know what to do. I have already started it. In fact I was leaving so I could finish that thing."

Mother Jeon nodded her head in satisfaction, "Go and come soon."

...

After Jungkook left, Mother Jeon sat beside Lisa and handed her the bowl of fresh congee and said, "Eat this you will feel better."

Lisa smiled and took the bowl from mother Jeon's hand.

After Lisa finished eating, Mother Jeon patted her head and said, "I heard what happened today. I know you have suffered."

Lisa lowered her and said, "Mother I-"

Mother Jeon stopped her in between and said, "I don't want your explanation dear. I understand you have been through a lot but how long are you going to let an unworthy thrash bully you like this." After pausing for a while, she continued, "Listen to me Lisa. I know Jungkook will always be there by your side to protect you but you cannot always depend upon him. You have to fight your battle all by yourself sometimes. You cannot be so weak and vulnerable in front of those who tend to bully. What if one day Jungkook is not there when someone bullies you? What are you going to then? Will you let them bully you and not do anything? You have to be strong."

Understanding what mother Jeon meant, Lisa nodded her head.

Mother Jeon smiled at her. Holding Lisa's hand, she said, "Remember you are now a member of the Jeon family. You have the whole Jeon Family backing you up. You don't have to be scared of anyone. Forget the past and focus on your future. You are the future patriarch of the Jeon family. Let me tell you one thing Lisa, the Jeon family is very complicated. If you always stay weak like this, things will become difficult for you. Understood."

Lisa nodded her head, "Yes mother I'll reflect on that."

Mother Jeon smiled at her daughter and said, "You should also reflect on giving me grandchild."