91.He Deserves Better

"So sister-in-law is the dress okay now." Jennie asked Lisa who was trying her altered gown again.

"It's perfect." Lisa said.

"You are looking very beautiful sister-in-law." Jennie said.

Lisa smiled at Jennie and said, "I'll go change then we can sit and chat for a while."

After some time, Lisa came out wearing her night clothes. Placing the dress carefully inside the wardrobe, Lisa asked Jennie, "So tell me Jennie, do you like Taehyung?"

Jennie widened her eyes in shock and asked, "What?"

"I said do you like Taehyung?"

Jennie lowered her head and did not say anything.

Walking towards Jennie, Lisa sat beside her and said, "I think I got my answer." Pausing for a while, Lisa said, "If you like him why are you holding yourself back?"

Jennie shook her head and said,"Taehyung is a very good person and he deserves better."

Lisa sighed and asked, "And what makes you feel like that?"

Jennie did not say anything.

Lisa took a deep breath. Holding her hand, Lisa said, "I know what is bothering you but what happened back then wasn't your fault. That is the past now. You have a long way to go Jennie. You are still very young. There is no point holding yourself back when you like someone." Pausing for a while, Lisa continued, "Taehyung really likes you a lot. The way he looks at you is similar to the way your brother looks at me. Taehyung is willing to wait for you even after you rejected him. Don't let your past affect your future. Think about it okay."

Jennie did not say anything and nodded her head, "It's late you should take some rest sister-in-law."

Lisa smiled and gave Jennie a hug.

....

When Jennie came out of Lisa's room, she bumped into Taehyung at the entrance.

"I was looking for you." Taehyung said.

"Why?" Jennie asked.

Taehyung hesitated for a while and said, "Ehhh I bought this for you. If you will like it, wear it for the banquet tomorrow." Handing Jennie a bag, Taehyung rushed towards his room.

Jennie stared at the bag for a while. After sometime she entered her room.

....

When Jennie entered her room, Jungkook was coaxing Ben to sleep.

"Brother you can go and rest." Jennie said.

Covering Ben properly with a quilt, Jungkook said, "I have asked someone to shift your things here."

Jennie smiled and said, "Thanks Brother."

Jungkook patted her head and said, "If you want to really thank me then get yourself a partner. Ben needs a father Rose. Whether it is Taehyung or anybody else. Untill and unless he treats you and Ben well, that is all that matters." Pausing for a while Jungkook said, "If it is Taehyung, I'll be very happy but even if It is someone else, I won't mind."

Before leaving the room, Jungkook said, "Earlier Taehyung came looking for you twice. Open his gift fast and go to sleep."

After Jungkook left the room, Jennie sat in the bed and started opening Taehyung's gift.

Jennie smiled when she saw the light pink colour gown that Taehyung had bought for her.

As she lifted the gown up, a small note fell on the ground.

Picking up the note, when Jennie read the content, she couldn't stop her tears.

The note said - "I know you rejected me but I also know that you also like me. I don't want to know what is stopping but I just want to tell you that whether you accept my love or not, you'll be always be the first and last woman in my heart and life. I have told you this several times and I'll keep on saying this that I'll wait for you. Whether it is for a year or 20 years. I'll always wait for you."