106.Dirty

Outside the banquet hall.

"Jennie wait." Taehyung shouted. Quickly increasing his speed, Taehyung caught her hand and said, "Why are you always running away from me like this?"

"Leave my hand Taehyung." Jennie said.

"No." Taehyung said.

Tears started flowing down her cheeks.

When Taehyung saw Jennie crying helplessly, he felt a prick in his heart. He could not see her like this. He tightened his grip on her hand.

Jennie flinched in pain, "Taehyung you're hurting me."

Taehyung quickly let her hand go and said, "I am sorry. But I am not sorry for whatever I said inside. Ben is my-"

"He is not your son. Do you understand? He is not your son." Jennie shouted.

Taehyung caught her shoulder and said, "I want to acknowledge Ben as my son. I want to give him my name. I want-"

Jennie jerked his hands off her shoulders and said, "No you can't. You can't do that Taehyung."

"Why not? Not only do I want to make Ben my son, I also want to make you my wife Jennie. I love you Jennie and you know this really very well." As Li Quin said this he placed his hand on her shoulder and continued," I know you like me too Rose. We can work things out together."

"Don't- don't touch me. I am dirty." Jennie said while taking two steps backwards.

Taehyung froze. He could not say anything nor react.

Jennie covered her face with her hands and said, "I am dirty. I am not pure Taehyung. I-I can still feel that man's dirty touch on my body. I can still smell him on my body. I-I" sobbing for a while, she continued, "I feel disgusted with myself. I disgust my own body."

Looking at Taehyung, she continued, "When I disgust my own body, how can someone else like it? How? Taehyung you are a very nice man. You don't deserve someone like me. You don't deserve someone who has a dirty body like me. Someone who has been  forcibly touched and disgraced like me doesn't deserve a man like you."

After saying this, Jennie rushed towards her room.

Taehyung stood there in daze. Words like 'dirty' 'not pure' 'disgraced' 'disgust' we're running inside his head. Tears started rolling down his cheeks.

.....

It was almost 11 pm, when the banquet ended.

Lisa did not see Jennie nor Taehyung After they left the banquet earlier.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing. You must be tired so go to the room first. I'll go check on Jennie." Lisa said.

Jungkook kissed on her forehead and said, "Take Ben with you. Come fast okay."

Lisa nodded her head and left.

....

Jennie had no idea how long she had been crying.

She loved Taehyung. There was no doubt about that, but the fact that she was raped couldn't be changed. She really felt that her body was dirty. Someone like Taehyung deserved better.

During the banquet, when Taehyung told everyone that Ben was his son, Jennie felt a prick in her heart.

Though Jennie loved Ben a lot but she could not change the fact that Ben was the child of her rapist. Not that she regretted giving birth to Ben but letting Taehyung get involved in such a complicated thing, Jennie would never do that. By God's grace, Ben did not resemble his father except for his hair colour. Not even a slightest bit of his features matched with that man and Jennie was very thankful to God for that.

Jennie wanted to give Ben a father. Which mother would willingly want to raise their child without a father? But Jennie was helpless.

She loved Taehyung and wanted to be with him. She knew that Taehyung would really treat Ben as his own son. But something was stopping Jennie from doing that.

....