5. Recommendation

(TW: swearing)

When I woke up All Might was gone, kind of expected that though. He left a stack of papers on the table with a sticky note on top.

'For UA, Plus Ultra! :)'

I rolled my eyes and pulled off the sticky note then started looking through the paperwork. I needed to fill out my information and send it back to them, then submit details and a design for my hero costume. 'Ugh my hero costume...' I'm sure most kids going to this school already had an idea before enrolling what they would want, but I hadn't ever thought about it.

I sat there for hours scribbling on paper after paper and then crumbling them up. "Ugh I hate this!" I yelled to myself and pulled my hair. "OK I think it's time for a break." I stood up from the table and sat on the couch before flipping on the TV. The channel was on the news, and some sludge villain was causing problems.

The reporters said he had some kid and that the kid was starting fires all around with his quirk. 'Oh man that looks bad... How are they going to get him out of there?' I thought to myself. I could barely see his ash blonde hair peeking out from inside the villain. 'How can he even breathe? And he's still fighting?' It was amazing, I couldn't help but feel someone like that was much more suited to becoming a hero than I was.

I sighed getting ready to turn off the TV when some guy with green hair started running towards the villain and chucked his stuff at him. The reporters were going on about it. "What's this idiot doing? Dude, use your quirk! Does he not have one? What's his deal?!" I yelled at the TV as I watched him try to claw his way through the villain to save the other boy.

Then all of the sudden... All Might?! I scoffed then clicked off the TV, "Whelp that fight's over, guess he's going to be late." I spoke to myself as I headed back to costume drawing....Ugh gross, another crumpled paper.

(Few hours later)

"I AM HERE! With dinner." All Might swooped through the front door with takeout bags in his hands. He put them down and instantly poofed in a cloud of smoke, back into his original form.

I pouted at him, "You forgot the soda didn't you?" I asked and he looked at me guiltily.

"I really did get the soda but I needed the bottles to capture a villain sooooo... I poured them out." He explained as he slumped.

I yelled, "You're so wasteful!"

I walked over and started digging through the takeout bags and grabbed a hamburger, "It's ok, it doesn't really matter. I'm just messing with you. Did you help those two boys out?" I asked as I sat at the table.

"Oh you mean young Midoriya and his classmate? Yes as a matter of fa- wait how did you know about that?" He questioned.

I motioned to the TV, "That sludge villain was on the news." I stated quickly then took a bite of my burger. I was starving!

"Makes sense..." He trailed off as he sat down and ate his food. "Hey Eiko, I know I said you could stay the week but something came up... I won't be here much, so you will have to head back tomorrow. Is that ok?" He asked while scanning my face for any sign I was upset with him. I was a little disappointed sure but I didn't mind, I was actually kind of missing my books. There wasn't a lot to do here so I actually had to sleep last night... It sucked.

"Yeah no, don't worry about it. I need to do more studying anyway so I don't start out behind when I get to UA." I took another bite of my burger then looked at All Might who was beaming proudly. I swallowed then looked at him with concern, "What is that look for?"