7. Reckless

(A/N: sorry, long chapter)

I tried to call All Might several times after class but I never got an answer. Figures that the first time I have a legitimate thing I need to talk with him about he is nowhere to be found...

I scowled the whole way to school the next day thinking about what I would say to him. It really wasn't my business who he chose, but the idea of him choosing someone quirkless rubbed me the wrong way. I figured I had no choice but to let it go for now though.

Classes that day were fairly normal. I did a decent job avoiding everyone throughout the day so I was in a pretty good mood. Then later that afternoon, "I AM HERE!" Everyone quickly turned their attention to the door, "...Coming through the door like a hero!" Exclaimed All Might as he burst through the door. 'Again?' I moaned to myself.

Everyone else's faces lit up however and collective gasps sounded through the room. The number one hero was right there in front of them and was going to be teaching their class today. I got the feeling some of them were thinking today was the best day of their lives...

"Welcome to the most important class at UA high," All Might announced. "Think of it as hero 101. Here you will learn the basics of being a pro, and what it means to fight in the name of good!" He struck a pose as he spoke.

'He even teaches theatrically.' I thought to myself. I guess this is why I couldn't get a hold of him last night, maybe he was preparing himself for teaching his first class? I suppose I could accept that excuse.

"Today's lesson will pull no punches!" He exclaimed as he held up a card, the word 'battle' printed boldly across it. "Fight training!" Bakugo said behind me, I glanced back to find him smirking deviously. I scratched the back of my head nervously. He looks WAAAY too pumped...

All Might continued, "But one of the keys to being a hero iiiiis looking good!" He struck another pose and pointed to the wall just as cases started sliding out of it.

He continued pointing to the cases, "These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms, and the requests you sent in before school started."

I put my head on my desk and covered my face, "Oh my god no, I'm not ready for this... please no costumes..." I pouted and mumbled into my desk. Everyone else seemed really pumped to get to wear their costumes today though.

"Get yourselves suited up and meet me at training ground Beta." All Might announced. Everyone gave a, "Yes sir!" In unison as he quickly left the room.

I grabbed my case and followed the other girls to the locker room to change. The girls were all gushing over each other's costume designs. "Ohmygosh ohmygosh I absolutely LOVE how my costume turned out!!" A girl named Mina squealed. It was pretty cute I had to admit but a little flashy for my tastes. It matched her pink hair and bubbly energy perfectly though. I looked around at the other girls' costumes, yep they all look pretty flashy or seem to match their quirks perfectly. Mine on the other hand, well....

I didn't want to stand out and I wanted to be able to move freely. My entire costume was black and included a sports bra style top which exposed my midriff, shorts, thigh high stockings with boots, and arm guards covered from my wrists to my elbows. Nothing about the outfit helped with my quirk, but since it was black at least I wouldn't stain it if I got injured.

"Oh Eiko I like your costume design, it's so simple yet it looks great on you." Uraraka chirped.

I shrugged at her, "Yeah I suppose. I'm not really good at this stuff..." I trailed off and she kind of laughed, "Well I think you did great." She motioned at her own costume, "I think I should have been more specific, this body suit is kind of tight."