33. Nomu's Secret

(Meanwhile at UA)

All Might's POV

I stared at my phone for a moment as it trembled in my hand. I had just hung up with my mentor Gran Torino, and our conversation had shook me to my very core.

All for One... I didn't want to imagine the possibility that he could be back, but after speaking with Tsukauchi and Gran Torino, not to mention this business with the Nomu, it was starting to seem like the only possibility. How else could these mindless creatures be walking around with multiple quirks? I wanted to come up with any explanation other than such a powerful enemy moving around in the shadows again. 

But everything seemed to fall into place the second I thought about him.

I put my phone down on the table in front of me, then rested my head in my hands... One thing was clear, "I need to tell Young Midoriya about All for One..."

-knock knock-

I jumped slightly at the sound of someone knocking on the door to the teachers lounge. "Y-yeah? Come in."

The door slowly opened and in walked Tsukauchi, "Sorry. I know we didn't have a meeting scheduled today. I hope I'm not interrupting."

"No, actually your timing couldn't be better."

He stepped into the room and took a seat across from me. I then repeated the conversation I had just had with Gran Torino, about the Nomu in Hosu City, the hero killer Stain, and how the League of Villains would likely benefit from the whole fiasco.

"So Gran Torino thinks All for One could be  pulling the strings as well." Tsukauchi replied as he looked worriedly towards the floor. "It's concerning to think he may be the one behind, not only the Nomu, but the League as well."

"That's right. I'm not sure how it's possible, but I think the signs are too obvious to ignore." I said with a sigh, "Anyway though, did you find anything else out? I'm sure you didn't come just to talk about Hosu."

"No, unfortunately." He muttered, still looking at the ground, "I'm actually here because of our conversation from yesterday. I had more to tell you, but we were... interrupted."

"Yeah. You mean when Eiko showed up, right? Don't worry about that. I get that you didn't want to discuss the Nomu in front of her. What with what happened at the USJ and all." I said as I waved him off.

"I'm sorry, but I wish I could say that was the only reason I cut things short..." He said as a guilty look crossed his face.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's the deal Tsukauchi? You aren't the type to beat around the bush." I let out a slight chuckle, "We're talking about the return of All for One here. What could be worse than that?"

He sighed, "You remember I said I felt I owed it to you to let you know... I wasn't JUST talking about the possibility that All for One has returned. You see, the thing is, we ran some tests on Nomus DNA..."

"Yeah? And you told me he used to be some thug and that he's been altered somehow. We already went through this." I was started to worry about where this was going and why he felt the need to repeat himself, like he was worried I wouldn't understand.

"Right. So then you remember we also discovered four different people's DNA in addition to his own." 

"Right? And did you figure anything out based off of those four?"

"Just one." Tsukauchi paused for a moment, as if he wanted to back track and forget even mentioning this to me, "All Might... Eiko's DNA was a perfect match to one of the four."