18. The Competition

"That took longer than expected." Recovery Girl said with a sigh.

"Yeah I suppose it did..." Mr. Aizawa muttered before looking at me, "All right, you. Head to class, I'll take care of your missed classes and give you the stuff you missed tomorrow." After giving me that order he left the room and started to walk down the hall. I stood there in stunned silence for a moment before taking off after him.

"Wait, Mr. Aizawa!" I yelled as I ran up behind him.

He turned to face me, "I told you to head to class."

"Yeah I know, but are we seriously not going to talk about what the hell just happened back there?!"

"Be more specific... and hurry up. You're keeping me from my nap."

"All that stuff with Okada, I mean... I guess what I'm trying to say is..." I nervously bowed to him, "Thank you... for that back there. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't shown up."

"Don't mention it." He stated plainly before turning around to walk off.

I straightened up, "I'm sorry. I just don't understand why you did that. You said you didn't trust me, and that you saw me as a threat to the other students... So why? I mean if that's how you felt shouldn't you have just agreed with Okada? Wouldn't it have been easier to let him take me back to Tartarus?"

He stopped but didn't turn around, "Maybe. If you remember though I also told you to prove me wrong. I'd say you're making some progress."

I stared at him, my eyes widening as I stood there.

"Besides, I figure I kind of owe you one... Just keep it up, and don't make me regret my decision."

"Of course." I said, it came out more like a whisper though. I was in shock, I wasn't sure how to process all of this. Mr. Aizawa trusts me? I guess. And Okada is out of the picture, hopefully for good. I still had to deal with the whole school watching me being arrested...

I suddenly panicked, "Oh no! They all heard that I was in Tartarus... What am I going to tell everyone?"

"Hm? He told the class you were in Tartarus?" Aizawa asked.

"Well no not the whole class. Just Mina, Kirishima, Bakugo, Sero, and... Kaminari... ugh never mind the whole class knows."

Aizawa sighed then turned back around to face me, "This guy really has just ruined my whole day. Come on, I'll take you to your class and clear this up."

"Ruined your day? You're not the one that was paraded through the cafeteria in cuffs..."

"No, but I am the one losing valuable sleep right now."

Mr. Aizawa walked me to class. I hadn't realized just how long we were with Okada, it was already the last class of the day. Mr. Aizawa went in ahead of me and whispered something in the teacher's ear before coming back out to get me, "All right, just head to your seat. Say nothing. I'll do the talking."

I shrugged and agreed before stepping through the doorway. As soon as I walked in however, just about everyone jumped out of their seats to run up and talk to me. Naturally Mina was the first one there, she grabbed ahold of my hand and looked like she had been crying, "Ohmygosh Eiko I was so worried. That whole thing was like super scary, I mean were those even real cops?"

I rubbed the back of my head with my free hand and tried my best to laugh it off, "Yeah unfortunately they were, sorry about all that."

"Hey is it true you were in Tartarus then? Wouldn't that make you some super dangerous criminal or something?" Mineta asked.