35. Studying

[A/N: Holy shit. 10K reads! You guys are absolutely amazing and I don't deserve you. Obviously when I started this I hoped at least a few people would give it a read but I definitely didn't go into to it expecting this. So thank all of you so so so much. I hope it's still living up to your expectations and that you continue to enjoy!]

"All right, that's it for class today. There's only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right?" Mr. Aizawa stated sternly as he looked up from his podium, "Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about..." He explained as he started leaving the room.

Before he walked out he gave us one final glance and a quick "Good luck." Before shutting the door behind him.

Once he was gone the classroom erupted into chatter. Most of the class was panicking about the written portion and using their scores on midterms as an indicator on how well, or how horrible they were going to do.

"Aw man, I'm totally screwed. I just barely passed the midterms." Kirishima was whining to Bakugo.

"You idiot, if you didn't take such garbage notes you wouldn't be failing so hard."

"Oh yeah and what about you then?"

"Huh?! What do you mean what about me? I got the 4th highest scores in the class!"

"Man... seriously? Hey then, why don't you help me out huh? Help me study, please dude?" Kirishima begged.

"No way, I'm going to waste my time on something so stupid. Study on your own!"

I turned around and frowned at him. How he could be so mean to someone as nice as Kirishima was beyond me.

I gave Kirishima a small wave, "I'll help you study Kirishima. I don't mind if you took crappy notes or not. You can borrow mine."

He looked up from his begging and gave me a smile, "You mean it? That'd be great! Thanks."

"It's no problem..." I shot Bakugo a quick condescending look before continuing, "Besides. I'm sure you could benefit more from studying with the person who scored 2nd on the midterms thaaaan... What was it again?" I tapped my finger on my cheek and pouted as I acted lost in thought.

Bakugo crumpled a paper on his desk and gritted his teeth angrily at me... I pretended not to notice. I suddenly held my finger up, "Oh yeah it was 5th, right?"

He jumped up and hit his desk, "YOU KNOW DAMN WELL IT WAS FOURTH REJECT!"

I shrugged, "Fourth, fifth, what's the difference?"

I got an angry growl in reply.

Kirishima smirked at him, "Wow. You know it sounds like I SHOULD be studying with her."

"You think I don't know enough?! Maybe I should beat the lessons into your skull!"

Kirishima's smirk shifted to a grin, "I'm counting on it. This is great I'm sure to pass with the two of you helping me out."

Bakugo and I both froze and then rigidly glanced at one another.

"Wait a minute, I agreed to study with YOU. I never said anything about 'Lord' Hothead here." I complained.

"That's Lord Explosion Murder to you Reject."

"You're really sticking with that huh?" I muttered.

"Come on you two, please? I'll obviously benefit more from having you both, and let's face it Bakugo she did score higher on midterms."