44. Eiko vs the L.O.V.

Momo was yelling after me but I didn't- well, I guess it's more like I couldn't, look back. Her yelling wasn't the only thing chasing after me. I could hear loud snaps and crunches of breaking limbs.

And they were gaining fast.

I tried picking up my pace. However, even though my leg was technically healed it still hurt like a bitch and I was struggling to keep moving forward. My forcefields couldn't stop him but they still worked on my surroundings. I used them to knock down a tree or a limb here or there, but just as I thought I was making some progress and slowing him down, an appendage reached forward from his back with a not so handy chainsaw attached... so everything I did he simply sliced through like butter.

"Seriously?!" I gasped out through painful breaths. I wasn't very fast on a good day, and this was anything but.

I wasn't going to be able to keep this up much longer. I was still trying to come up with a plan when I noticed a clearing to my left, 'Maybe I can knock a bunch of trees down and use that clearing to help me escape.' I hit several trees at once with my barriers and then took a hard left.

Just like I'd hoped the trees slowed him down for a second and I made my way into the clearing. I realized my mistake way too late however.

I was met by two men. One with some weird black and white mask and another who looked as if he were sewn together and had piercing blue eyes. I didn't recognize them from the training camp, but even without that, the air around the blue eyed man felt sinister.

"Whoa you're not supposed to be here! Hi! Get lost!" The man with the mask shouted at me.

I was too surprised by running into them to process what he said I guess.

"Tch. Looks like I've got to do everything myself." The other man said as he held out his hand just before it was engulfed by blue flames. He took a couple steps forward and I tensed as I prepared to fight.

Suddenly he put the fire out, "Oh, there you are." He said as his eyes locked onto something behind me.

Before I even had time to turn around I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and then everything went dark.

*********

'How could you forget the Nomu that was chasing you? So stupid.' The thought floated through my mind as I slowly regained consciousness.

I tried to open my eyes, but they felt so heavy... or did they? I couldn't feel anything really. I was aware of existing, and I could feel my heart beating softly in my chest, but everything else felt so far away. 'Did that Nomu kill me? Probably. So I'm still healing. I usually don't wake up till I heal completely though. What gives?'

"Ugh, what's taking him so long? Kurogiri. Are you sure you spoke to the Doctor already?"

'Kurogiri?!' I thought as my ears picked up on the first glimmer of reality. 'And that voice, that sounded like Shigaraki! Shit. Snap out of it! Where the hell are you?!'

My thoughts raced as I slowly started picking up on other voices. A dull pain began slowly radiating through my body. Next was something cold and hard pressing against my face. The floor maybe? I slowly became more and more aware and realized I was indeed laying stomach down on the floor. I dared to peek through one eye to see if I saw anything. My vision was blurred and I struggled to see what was in front of me.

It looked like a person, slumped against the wall. Their head was down and long teal hair covered their face. I couldn't make out much more than that. 'Who is that? Were they knocked out too?'